INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

So how is this any better...?

• Thank you received: 0
Yes, finding and using terminal is not an issue. This is where the static IP needed to be set to
3 years 11 months ago #52990

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

In Ekos Equipment Profile, select GPhoto driver and not Nikon. Save your profile and try again. I'd turn turn off Auto Connect in the profile. Check the Logs button in Ekos summer screen and make sure it is set to Verbose File logging and both INDI + Camera checkboxes are ticked.

After you start the profile, set DSUSB in the GPhoto driver, then go to Options --> Save Config.

Then click Connect and let's see how it goes. Locate (in the same Ekos logs window you can open the logs directory) and then attach the log file here.
3 years 11 months ago #52991

• Thank you received: 9
www.geeksforgeeks.org/ifconfig-command-in-linux-with-examples/

“ifconfig eth0 172.16.25.125” will set the IP address to interface eth0. To make that an http interface you need to edit /etc/hosts using a text editor

172.16.25.125 server.example.com

Use searches from here on out with Linux command instead of Pi command or Astroberry. They are linux at the core. You will find that you are overloaded with pages then :)
Celestron CGX, QSI683 Astrodon Gen 2 E series LRGB, Ha, OIII, ES102CF, ZWO-ASI178MC, 60mm guide scope, Pegasus Focus Cube 2, Feather Touch Focuser.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Jim S.. Reason: more info
3 years 11 months ago #52992

I did all that. This is what happens. The shutter did not fire at al. And when I want to open log directory it says no such file or directory

3 years 11 months ago #52993
Attachments:

Got the log file

File Attachment:

File Name: log_20-10-59.txt
File Size:12 KB
3 years 11 months ago #52994
Attachments:

Error downloading image from camera. You have an SD in the camera?
Celestron CGX, QSI683 Astrodon Gen 2 E series LRGB, Ha, OIII, ES102CF, ZWO-ASI178MC, 60mm guide scope, Pegasus Focus Cube 2, Feather Touch Focuser.
3 years 11 months ago #52995

No. Should I have one?
3 years 11 months ago #52996

Try it, see what happens. Do a good format first.
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Jim S..
3 years 11 months ago #52997

• Thank you received: 182
Which Nikon model do you have? I have the D3300, so the cheapest model of all, and that works great with direct camera>USB connection. I can find out the cable specifications.
DSUSB will just control the shutter, it will not download an image, as it is not capable of transmitting any data back to the computer. It is just a dumb shutter release. So if you have no SD card in your camera, your images will go exactly nowhere.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Jose Corazon.
3 years 11 months ago #52998
Attachments:

I don't have a DSLR, I just read the log file and saw error downloading from camera. Kinda figured it needed SD but did not know for sure. Thank you for helping El Corazon
3 years 11 months ago #52999

I have the D5100. Regardless, no matter what I do it just doesn't work. It now fires 30sec or less. It crashed on me like 5 times though
3 years 11 months ago #53000

No more idea? I guess it's Windows then...
3 years 11 months ago #53001

Time to create page: 0.767 seconds