INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

So how is this any better...?

• Thank you received: 0
I use DSUSB with a Canon camera, so this may be different but in the Canon DSLR settings I set the Shutter Release Port to be DSUSB. But maybe the Nikon driver is different.

Here is a screenshot.

This is using astroberry also.

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Nathan Day. Reason: added astroberry comment
3 years 10 months ago #53035
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102
DSUSB is for the devices sold by Shoestring Astronomy. But I think Moxican said he's using a home brew device based on an FTDI chip, which is entirely different than DSUSB devices. The FTDI (serial port) devices just use the RTS line of the serial port to control the shutter. The driver just needs to know which port (tty device) to use. I looked through the source code for the driver, and if you set a serial port in that field, it toggles the RTS line for shutter control. If you set DSUSB in that field, it invokes entirely different code that talks to special USB device (the kind made by Shoestring Astronomy).

I think (but not sure) that it will work with Nikon and GPhoto drivers, but try both. Also, check to see if you have more than one /dev/ttyUSB device. Just like in Windows, you might have more than one COM port.
3 years 10 months ago #53038

I will check that out.
A side note, I have both DSUSB and FTDI chip for the camera in subject.
3 years 10 months ago #53039

• Thank you received: 182
I would suggest getting in touch with astronate (previous comment). He has it going with his Canon and DSUSB. So if you have the DSUSB device from Shoestring Astronomy I would just copy his settings.
3 years 10 months ago #53041

• Thank you received: 182
3 years 10 months ago #53054

And now, whiever way I connect to the camera it just doesn't work. Ekos tells me to check indi settings, where I am instructed to check image info as there is no CCD info set. No problem, I try to set it, and no matter how many times I click SET, nothing happens. It won't enter the numbers. If I click to many times it crashes. Did I forget to feed it donuts today?
3 years 10 months ago #53146

Purged the settings, now everything seems fine but the camera still does not fire the shutter, I get the message, failed to expose, error downloading image from camera: directory not found. Which is of course set and created. I already found images from previous "successful" attempts in this directory.
3 years 10 months ago #53147

Time to create page: 1.179 seconds