INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Kstars crashing on RPI4

• Thank you received: 9
Kstars keeps crashing and no log files are being written. It seems to be crashing when saving the fits file. There are no fits file being saved either. I am using a QHY128 full frame camera on a iOptron ZEQ25. The indi drivers seem to start just fine. All software has been updated and upgraded using ubuntu command line.

Thanks for looking Bruce
3 years 11 months ago #53139
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 12

Replied by Jeff Wilson on topic Kstars crashing on RPI4

Although I probably cannot provide specific assistance, can you describe how it is crashing? For instance, is the VNC connection still active? Do you see Kstars disappear, or does Ekos just disappear? If you run "ps -aux" from a terminal do you see kstars? If you restart kstars/ekos after the crash, does it seem to reconnect to all equipment? Immediately after a crash, if you run "dmesg" from a terminal, what does it say?
I fought with my QHY 163M for a year, and it seems more stable now. I don't know how mature the drivers are for the 128.
3 years 11 months ago #53149

• Thank you received: 9
Thanks for the response. I think I am getting close to solving this. The RBPI4 I used was an early model. I tried switching to a smaller camera QHY163, which worked but it struggled. I then replaced the RBPI with another RBPI 4, I don't know if it is the newer version but it seems to be working. I have not done a full blown test yet, because I have take my equipment apart to replace the PI. This looks look a PI limitation and how big a frame your working with. More testing to come.... Bruce
3 years 11 months ago #53157

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds