INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Moonlite NightCrawler rotator

• Thank you received: 23
Hi all,
I am looking for someone that have a Moonlite NightCrawler rotator (any version). Hi would ask if someone can send me detailed INDI driver logs, especially on connection to the hardware and when it should rotate into an angle that is in a tick range between 0 and 9999 ticks, and also if you start the connection with a previous angle in the range above.
Thanks
3 years 10 months ago #53524

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have one in my home observatory... so what issue are you facing exactly?
3 years 10 months ago #53538

I am working to rewrite an arduino code compatible with the NightCrawler indi driver. Actually the problem is that it fail the first serial connection and at the second connection, I found the rotator posizion at 16ticks. If i try to connect the same hardware and code using the Moonlite Windows application, it fail the first connection, but at the second one the position is as the last used.
Indi driver, seems to overwrite the position stored in the eeprom at the first connection. I do not know why of this issue. I treid different arduino boards nano, uno and mega, but nothing changes :blink:
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by ALESSANDRO PENSATO.
3 years 10 months ago #53540

Alright, here is the log.

File Attachment:

File Name: log_18-28-51.zip
File Size:10 KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: ALESSANDRO PENSATO
3 years 10 months ago #53548
Attachments:

I get an error at first connection at the getFirmware(). Which string INDI expect to return???

2020-05-10T17:16:21: [INFO] NightCrawler is online.
2020-05-10T17:16:21: [INFO] Focuser Type 3.5 NC
2020-05-10T17:16:21: [INFO] Firmware 1.3
2020-05-10T17:16:16: [INFO] Error retrieving data from NightCrawler, please ensure NightCrawler controller is powered and the port is correct.
2020-05-10T17:16:16: [INFO] Focuser Type 3.5 NC
2020-05-10T17:16:16: [ERROR] getFirmware error: Timeout error.
3 years 10 months ago #53555

So the problem is not the string format, but is that if you use arduino with indi, it fail the first connection. If i remember correctly it occurs also in other procject live indiduino meteo o the the new whetterradiometeo
3 years 10 months ago #53561

• Thank you received: 165
By default Arduinos reset when the serial connection is opened and don't respond until boot loader has started the actual code, which takes a second or two causing serial read time outs if the driver doesn't prepare for it. The reset can be disabled with varying methods documented for example here playground.arduino.cc/Main/DisablingAuto...tOnSerialConnection/ but make updating the code via the same serial connection a bit trickier. It seems Arduino Leonardo would not do this by default which might be a good alternative to try.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ALESSANDRO PENSATO
3 years 10 months ago #53703

Stupid me, I bookmarked this url some time ago and I don't remember of this "problem" of the reset on connection. I spent a week to check a way to solve this issue. Tomorrow I will try to add a 10uF cap between Rst and Gnd
3 years 10 months ago #53704

Time to create page: 0.735 seconds