INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Zoom call suggestion for code / build env process?

• Thank you received: 117
I mentioned this to Hy recently. I think it might be nice for one of the senior developers to give a zoom call every once in a while to help new folks gain familiarization with the basic flow, methods, and interfaces used in communications within Kstars and Ekos. Might also be nice for INDI, although I think INDI structures are at least slightly better documented and can be discovered more readily. Not sure how many might be interested, but what would come first? A count of who might be interested in attending, or finding one of the senior developers willing to host the discussion?
3 years 11 months ago #53563

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 69
+1 for me attending
3 years 11 months ago #53564

• Thank you received: 420
3 years 11 months ago #53576

• Thank you received: 33
3 years 11 months ago #53582

• Thank you received: 565
I would be happy to attend, schedule permitting, and put in my 2 cents, but I don't have a full view of the codebase.
I am somewhat familiar with fitsviewer and a couple of the Ekos tabs (focus, capture, guide).
Not familiar at all with Indi. FWIW, I'd love to learn more about Indi, if someone else can help with that.

I would say, though, that I think people would benefit more if before the call they tried a "hello world" change and compile.
I did try and put together my experiences of how to get started here:
indilib.org/forum/development/6171-how-t...ping-for-kstars.html

Once you compiled and ran the existing code, you might want to make some trivial change and compile.
Come up with something as simple as possible like adding a log line when something happens.
(If you have no clue where to start, post what your trivial change is on this thread, and I'll take a shot at telling you what I might do, if I have an idea).
I'm not suggesting that you actually go through everything to add that code to the codebase, only that you compile and run it locally.
Also, as background, you need to be comfortable with linux, git, c++.

Of course we could have the call without that too, but that might help out.
FWIW, I'm in California, so my time zone is currently GMT - 7.

Hy
3 years 11 months ago #53590

• Thank you received: 182
Does anyone have the data to compile a Venn diagram of 1) Kstars users and 2) H. sapiens who are familiar with C++?
3 years 11 months ago #53594

• Thank you received: 42
Just came across this product which indicates it is free / open source. It interfaces with various editors. Perhaps it would help to explore the Ekos code base.

www.sourcetrail.com/#intro
www.sourcetrail.com/documentation/

/Tom
3 years 10 months ago #54259

• Thank you received: 375
This is nice initiative. You can count me in
3 years 10 months ago #54262

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds