INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Driver Configuration not Loading on Driver Startup

• Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I'm using the Astro-Physics GTO CP2 INDI driver to interface PHD2 to my Mach1 while I use TheSkyX for mount (and its native Astro-Physics driver) and imaging camera control. TheSkyX is connected to one of the mounts serial ports and PHD2 to the other. I'm writing a Python script that sequences the imaging and allows for dithering with PHD2 (TheSkyX doesn't allow for dithering with PHD2). All of this on a Raspberry Pi 4 with Raspbian Buster.

Generally it's all working although I'm having intermittent issues with the INDI mount driver erroneously initializing the mount location latitude and longitude to 0 and 0. I'm also not sure how the driver configuration is loaded. I've set up and saved a configuration but it seems I always have to manually load my saved configuration after the driver connects to the mount. How do I automatically load my saved configuration?

Regards,

Steve
3 years 10 months ago #53569

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Today I've fixed a few issues relating to configuration files. Can you try the next nightly and see if the situation improves?
3 years 10 months ago #53644

• Thank you received: 182
I was going to open a similar topic regarding the failure of Kstars to load the configurations for my ZWO cameras. Configuration for ASI-EFW is loaded, however, so this seems to be a ZWO camera-specific issue, not a general "Kstars-failure-to-load-configurations" issue.

This is with my build from git sources, 2 days ago.

Was that included in the fix today?

Best

Jo
3 years 10 months ago #53645

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
3 years 10 months ago #53647

Just tested. In the mount, focuser and ZWO camera control panels now the Load, Save, or Default buttons in the Options tab no longer respond. Configurations are neither loaded or saved.

I did not update from nightly, though, I updated from Github about 1 hr ago (~0300 GMT).
3 years 10 months ago #53655

I've seen this before. Don't know what's going on exactly that causes this, but you can try the Tab key to still navigate the buttons.
3 years 10 months ago #53676

• Thank you received: 2
Hi Jasem,

I'm not sure how to try the next nightly build. My INDI install comes from Radek's astroberry Raspberry Pi repository. I don't want to break anything.

By the way, I've worked around this issue by initializing the driver using PyIndi. Probably a more robust method than depending upon the save anyway.

Steve
3 years 10 months ago #53683

I was unable to select those buttons by using TAB either.
3 years 10 months ago #53813

• Thank you received: 420
Recently I installed Ubuntu 20.04 from scratch on one of my mini-pcs and used KStars stable for some imaging sessions though the config was setup completely new. Then I installed KStars nightly and updated it a few times. Tonight I imaged for the first time since I switched to KStars nightly. At El Corazon's request (offline) I changed the bit depth for my guide cam from 16 bit to 8 bit, saved, stopped INDI, Ekos and KStars and then restarted all. The guide cam was set to 8 bit. Then I changed it back to 16 bit, saved etc, restarted and it was set to 16 bit. I didn’t check the INDI config files but I assume that this means that all was saved OK.

Wouter
3 years 10 months ago #53865

Thanks Wouter, good to know that it works on your mini-PC. I am still having issues on my RPi4, but the problem is not consistent. I rebuilt the system from sources a couple of time yesterday and found that none of the Load, Save, Default or Purge buttons in the Options tab for the ZWO camera control panels worked.
I then purged KStars and kstar-bleeding completely from the system and reinstalled from Nightly. Among about a half dozen tried, ONE time the Save button did work and the log window below showed that the configuration had been saved. On the next try it failed to do so again.
If nobody else is seeing this, this may be a Pi4 and Ubuntu 20.04 specific issue again. That clearly makes it a pain to sort out.
If anyone else has seen this, please let me know.
Jo
3 years 10 months ago #53891

• Thank you received: 420
I will be receiving two RPi4s next week so I'll see if I can install Ubuntu 20.04 on it and reproduce the issue there.

Wouter
3 years 10 months ago #53895

• Thank you received: 133

I have seen this, but only once so far. I wanted to save the configuration, but the button was not selectable/active, and clicking there did nothing.
This was/is an openSUSE Tumbleweed onan (Intel-based) Lenovo Laptop.

I'm regularly compiling from git, and as I didn't see it again I thought/assumed it was a problem that got fixed. But for sure it seems not *buntu or Pi specific...
3 years 10 months ago #53906

Time to create page: 0.695 seconds