INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

No longer records filter to FITS header

• Thank you received: 102
I did an imaging run last night, and tried to load the images into Astro Pixel Processor. It makes use of the filter header tag. However, it wasn't there.

I go poking through the INDI control panel, and see that on the ASI1600MM page, under Snoop Devices, for filter it has "QHY CCD QHY5LII-M-60f7e". WTF? That's my guide camera, not a filter wheel. I try to change it to "ASI EFW", but when I hit "Set" nothing happens.

I don't recall ever having to even set this before, so I don't think I ever have, even though it's been recording the proper filter in the FITS header for quite some time. But I know I never put the guide camera into the snoop devices under "filter".

Why did that setting get changed, and how can I fix it?
3 years 11 months ago #53753

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well, I rebooted the system, and now it shows ASI EFW, without me changing anything.

So..... what the?
3 years 11 months ago #53762

Well, now it's happening again. Except now rebooting doesn't fix anything. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by Kevin Ross.
3 years 9 months ago #56468

Thank you for the report. So there were a couple of issues:

1. Since QHYCCD cameras support filter wheel, the filter wheel support flag was always active. However, it shouldn't be when there are no detected filter wheels. Therefore, I just fixed that in INDI GIT.
2. Ekos was relying on a flag set by capture module to override which filter wheel should be set as default. At any rate, this is now also fixed in Ekos in GIT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin Ross
3 years 9 months ago #56490

Excellent! Thanks for your hard work Jasem!
3 years 9 months ago #56510

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds