INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Am I using INDI/EKOS right..?

• Thank you received: 20
Hi,

I have a Mac Mini at the telescope. It runs KStars, Ekos, and INDI as a local configuration. I have a Mac indoors that runs KStars, Ekos, and INDI as a remote configuration. I've noticed odd behavior. If I turn on debug on something, it turns off and on rapidly. I have to turn it on on both systems. My QHY9 camera temperature occasionally goes to exactly 24.18 degrees, and the power goes to 100%. If I stop INDI on the remote Mac Mini, and then restart it, the camera temp goes back to changing, but is very low, since it has been cooling at 100%.

It seems to me that the two Ekos clients are fighting each other for control of the camera. That makes me thingk I shouldn't have Ekos running on the remote. Is that true?

Thanks,
Dave
3 years 10 months ago #54008

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 102
I've done that before, had Ekos running at the scope-side computer, and also had it running remotely on a computer inside the house, both connected to INDI at the same time. I never had a problem with that.

Regarding the debug issue, don't try to turn debugging on or off on the INDI control panel. Instead, turn debugging on or off through Ekos, on the first tab (Setup), then click the "Logs" button. Turn verbosity to verbose, then turn on or off the modules you want verbose (debug) logging for. If you try to turn on debug mode for a driver through the INDI control panel, Ekos will just turn it off again.
3 years 10 months ago #54015

• Thank you received: 102
Also, there's no need to run INDI on your indoor computer. You only need it running on the computer that is actually connected to the hardware. Then on your indoor computer, you just give Ekos the IP address of the remote computer where INDI is actually running and talking to the hardware.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Allmon
3 years 10 months ago #54016

• Thank you received: 20
Thanks kross!

I've changed to the INDI server running on the remote and Ekos on the indoor computer and it hasn't hiccuped once.

Dave
3 years 10 months ago #54018

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds