INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars and Ekos on a tablet computer

• Thank you received: 19
Does anyone else use a tablet computer for KStars and Ekos, like the Lenovo X230 Tablet?

The touchscreen responses are... weird. I'm using version 3.4.2 from the PPA.

Unlike other KDE apps, using the stylus I can't get drop down menus (File, Time, etc) nor any response fromtapping the icons. I have to use the touchpad or a mouse. In the sky display the sky does pan around with stylus movement when it's directly in contact with the screen. Howevering above the screen moves the cursor, but there are no tooltips. It's also curiously inaccurate: using the right-click function of the stylus when hovering over an object typically brings up the 'Empty Sky' context menu but right-clicking on the touchpad/mouse (without moving the cursor) brings up that object's context menu. This even happens on large objects like the Andromeda Galaxy. After much trial, I've found I have to get the cursor about 3/8" or a little less than a cm above the object to bring up its context menu with the stylus' right click. Needless to say, this is practically impossible to reliably repeat, especially with no tooltips.

In Ekos, I also have to touch the screen with a stylus about a cm or 3/8" above a button or field area to actually hit that button/field/item. For instance, on the Align tab, tapping "Capture & Solve" brings up Load & Slew instead, so to get Capture & Solve I have to tap in the area above where it says "Solver Control".

The INDI control seems to work fine. The Mount control also works fine, thank goodness.
3 years 10 months ago #54638

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds