INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

EQ8-R and EQ8-RH user experiences, bugs and quirks

• Thank you received: 140
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by AstroNerd.
3 years 9 months ago #55435

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 23
Yup - let's hope it gets resolved - I had a situation just tonight where I needed to home the mount and was wishing the feature worked.
3 years 9 months ago #55436

Yes it is a superb feature, and I use it a lot... :)
I have asked Jasem to look into it, he is the INdI author...
Last edit: 3 years 9 months ago by AstroNerd.
3 years 9 months ago #55437

The whole INDI team are amazing getting the software to the point where it's little things like this that are now "problems" - really grateful for all the great work they do basically for free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
3 years 9 months ago #55438

For reference here's the error as it appears.

As I copied it I noticed that INDI describes the Park position in terms of "encoders", this is also true of the lx200 drivers if memory serves, just an example of how potentially confusing the terminology in our hobby/passion can be (again the debate as to whether it's accurate is a whole other matter for a beer!).

Clear skies everyone!
3 years 9 months ago #55457
Attachments:

Yes, it should not say encoder really, maybe RA and DEC position, as that is very confusing, although it would be fine for my mount, with the encoders....and that’s what it was written for...so hmmmm
3 years 9 months ago #55460

Great news, Jasem gave u- some of his valuable time to test a new version of the EQMod driver and Autohome is now working as it should! If you’ve purchased or about to purchase one of these, you’re in luck!

We also c0nfirmed a different bug with PPEC and EQMod but that’s for another day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AstroNerd
3 years 9 months ago #55646

• Thank you received: 13
Hi Paul. I came across your posts about the EQ8-R pro mount. I wondered how you are getting on now with Indi and EQMOD. I have a very similar setup just installed. A GSO RC12" truss telescope, EQR-8 Pro mount, ZWO ASI2600MM Pro, EFW EAF and ZWO ASI 120 mini . Raspberry Pi4 using Astroberry.

How do you connect to the mount. I first tried Synscan connected to the hand controller which worked fine until one day the main board blew when I was disconnecting the RJ plug. Got a new board and thought I would try EQMOD and connect to the USB socket. Can't find much documentation about using this so using a standard USB2 cable and it seems to work fine. I wondered how you connect ?

I guess you have sorted out the home position sensors with this mount? In replacing the board I noted the connections to the RA and DEC index sensors. When I turn on the mount the handset asks me do I want to move it to the home position (if I didn't leave it there when turning off last time) I normally say yes and it moves the scope and points it at the celestial pole with counterweight bar pointing down so it can assume that direction and is aligned pretty well.

I had been using Astroberry with a Meade LX200 classic previously and that worked well. I thought I would update Astroberry so did apt get ... etc and updated indi to latest release. I have got everything connected now and when it works it works well having had some good weather to be able to run several imaging sessions overnight without issue. I have a big problem however as Kstars crashes on the first time after a fresh reboot. It does this consistently but on the second attempt EKOS sees indi server is running from the previous crash and asks to start a new one or not. I go for a restart so it kills off previous server and starts a new one. This time server starts fine. However when I am fiddling with alignment and plate solving or focussing and taking test images at the start of a session it usually crashes again at some point. I cant see anything obvious in log but I notice it stops the Pulsar Dome driver for some reason and the indi connection tab for the dome and mount change sometimes showing a port connection and sometimes not but status is connected for both. Anyway about to re-install Astroberry from the latest image file on a fresh SD card.

Do you use Stellarmate?
2 years 1 month ago #80186

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds