INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

PegasusAstro Pocket Powerbox Advance - INDI driver Ubuntu

• Thank you received: 18
From the github repo for uhubctl:
"While uhubctl compiles on Windows, USB power switching does not work on Windows because libusb is using winusb.sys driver,
which according to Microsoft does not support necessary USB control requests. This may be fixed if libusb starts supporting different driver on Windows"

likely this would mean that Win OS users will not get the benefit of USB on/off control. I don't see any rules
in the indi lib developer manual that precludes adding this for linux and mac platforms. Can someone with more
authority comment ?
3 years 8 months ago #56214

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 54
Awaiting my PPBA anytime soon (?). Thanks for all the effort.

I wonder if Pegasus will add USB on/off control in a future firmware upgrade as I am certain people would appreciate. That could affect their UPBV2 sales a bit though. At least there is an alternate solution for Linux users.
3 years 8 months ago #56221

• Thank you received: 11
I’ve got mine showing up in the next few days.

I’ve currently got v1.5.1 of StellarMate OS and it’s been really solid. Are any features it supports on this slightly older build?

Does the latest version of StellarMate OS support it yet?
3 years 8 months ago #56477

You can switch to beta channel and get it, or wait until stable is released. I plan to have everything released before July 15th.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
3 years 8 months ago #56491

• Thank you received: 3
I see that Pegasus PPBA (indi_pegasus_ppba) v1.0 has been released in indi-full/focal 1.8.6~202007201351~ubuntu20.04.1

Unfortunately, I get a serial time-out error when trying to connect at 9600 baud with both of the available serial ports.

usbdevices on ubuntu sees this:

Also:

The two attached ZWO cameras connect with no problems, but the driver attempts to connect to /dev/ttyUSB0 and immediately gets a Serial read error: Timeout error, and then trys /dev/ttyUSB1 and hangs. I don't seem to be able to input any other device paths, and the scan ports doesn't produce any alternatives.

Suggestions?
3 years 8 months ago #57347

• Thank you received: 3
A followup to my post - upon connecting my Mac to a remote INDI session to the Ubuntu host (which is connected to the PPBA), the Mac instance of INDI connects the (remote) PPBA just fine. I did a ~4 hour session last night, with auto-dew heaters enabled, and everything seems to work as expect.

One item I don't recall seeing is the ability to control each of the 4 individual 12V ports, but will look again when I get back to my scope.
3 years 8 months ago #57363

• Thank you received: 19
My Pocket Powerbox Advance is finally running almost flawless (USB-connection issues) on 3.4.3
One day i will understand this USB port connection error thing that sometimes happens for sure...

Now my question is as follows.

Can someone who also ownes one of this PPBA explain to me, how the "auto-dew" feature is controllable?
My proplem is that in the autodew mode, the heater gets too warm and causes blown up stars as you can see in the picture.
Upper side with heater at 10% manually
Lower side with Auto dew running at about 70% as calculated.
Is there a way of extra controll over this?

greetings
Niki
Skywatcher EQ6-R | Lacerta 10" Carbon-Newton | Lacerta MFoc Motorfocus | Moravian G2 8300 Color | Canon EOS 5DMarkIIIa | Lodestar X2 guiding cam | KSTARS 3.4.3. on my outdoor-Laptop with KDE-Neon/Plasma | KSTARS 3.4.3. on Remote-IMac with Catalina | KSTARS 3.4.3 on Remote-Macbook Air with Catalina
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig
3 years 7 months ago #57986
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.858 seconds