INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

I Can't Trust the Park

• Thank you received: 40
Ok, yes it normally works. But from now on, I'm setting an alarm 10 minutes after the auto park and check my backyard security cameras.

Yes, I have the Watchdog running. But I think I need a wholly separate utility that is running outside of KStars, that runs like a cron (maybe should be) and runs a park command no matter what is happening in KStars. Not sure if I can run a ascom command while it's currently being used by other processes. Worth a try though.

No I didn't get any logs since I had no idea this would fail. It hasn't in a long time.

Hopefully no damage was done to the motors (I could hear them clicking)... since the ERQ-6 Pro is supposed to have motors that prevent burning up.
3 years 8 months ago #56260

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
So the obvious question is: what was changed on your setup (both hardware and software) since last time when everything was working fine?
3 years 8 months ago #56261

Replied by David Tate on topic I Can't Trust the Park

The only hardware change was new Narrowband filters. I did an upgrade two weeks ago and it worked fine back on the 14th (yes it's been cloudy since... argh).
I did notice the last "Park" was a bit off, about 10-20 degrees from the real park position. So I should have been questioning it.
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by David Tate.
3 years 8 months ago #56264

• Thank you received: 420
Have you tried resetting the park position in Ekos?
3 years 8 months ago #56265

I think I see what happened. After looking at the security footage... I see it never did the Meridian Flip.

I have the Guiding Deviation set at 5. I do that because if the guiding is terrible, I don't want it taking any pictures (I assume that's what it's there for).

However, I notice that once guiding does break the limit, it takes a picture, but halts when it sees the guiding past 5. It then immediately takes another, it really needs to wait until the guiding improves.

It might have been doing this through the flip period. I did notice no images where taken after midnight.
or (what really might have been the problem)
I remember glancing at the Meridian Flip timer thinking, hey that says 4+ hours, that seems a lot... oh well, it's less than the parking time, so I didn't question it.
3 years 8 months ago #56271

I have it reset after a Meridian Flip... but the "Park" button was un-clicked this morning (it never flipped). It never Parked even after the timer ran out. Clicking the "ParK" button did nothing. I had to disconnect, reconnect and hit Park.
3 years 8 months ago #56274

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds