INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Does any one have any tips for the best planet R, G, B work flow under INDI/EKO

• Thank you received: 2
Does any one have any tips for the best planet R, G, B work flow under INDI/EKOS?.

As the planets are rising to photogenic altitudes here in the UK I am hoping to get some images.

I am struggling with the camera page on INDI/EKOS

What I am trying to do with ASI/ZWO mono camera and SX-Wheel and optional SX guide camera,
is take videos of R, G, B, R, G, B, R, G, B ready for de-rotation and processing.

I have used all the hardware in image mode many times.

I have managed to take single Luminance videos, as target_datetime_filter.SER
RGB or LRGB seems quite difficult though.

Ideally I would set up the videos in the sequencer and get a number of correctly named SER files for each filter.

I have used Fire capture under widows, years ago (when planets where in fashion) but so far have failed under Linux due to hardware support.
Planetary Imager doesn't help much.

Does any one have any tips for the best planet R, G, B work flow under INDI/EKOS?.
Failing that any tips for automated R, G, B under Linux?

I am on the latest apt-get update version under Ubuntu.

Thanks for all the effort that goes into this great tool.
3 years 7 months ago #58808

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

HMM? wonderiing if I could do an RGB imaging sequence and then use the post capture script to grab a video after each filter change, not ideal but...
3 years 7 months ago #58809

If nobody minds I will place my thoughts in this thread, Feel free to make suggestions.

I have downloaded Kstars source in the hope I can perhaps change the record button to record say n times R,G,B.

Perhaps duplicate the record toggle button. add a number of cycles and filter selections.

A messy hack I know, but....

1st step see if I can build this project.
2nd see if I can override the filter selection.
3rd run the video stream nxf times.
3 years 7 months ago #58859

OK so I grabbed the code, and it built quite easily.

I have added a few controls to the video recording configuration pop up.

I now need to understand how it all hangs together. I can see how it starts a recording but still looking for haw a recording comes to an end.

Looks promising.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
3 years 7 months ago #58940

So the sequence manager is only for still photos. There is a recording window which you used already, but there is no sequence or filter selection. If you get something usable for EAA that would be great.
3 years 7 months ago #58943

Hi, I think I need some help with this one.

3 Questions.

I have done (working) mods to make the video capture take a sequence of videos also select a list of filters. However I can't find a way of triggering a filter change,

I am trying NOT to make large re-write mods but I am in the Object Oriented trap of doing mods in the wrong place.

We have capture-->>CCD-->>Stream -->>VideoOptions and I have been modifying Video options mainly.

I need to get a filter request back to capture but privacy issues are blocking me.
For some reason QT signals are not working for me.

1) Does anyone have any suggestions how to trigger a filter change?

2) Can someone point me on how to submit my mods for testing/merging?

3) Would it be daft to clone the Capture module and write a Video Capture Module?

(There was a business man walking through farming country, he stopped to ask a local farmer for directions, the farmer replied "Well, I wouldn't start from here".)
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by John. Reason: Spelling.
3 years 5 months ago #61041

Time to create page: 0.729 seconds