INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Using Nightly driver with stable INDI release

• Thank you received: 54
Just wondering if there are problems using a nightly built driver with the latest stable release.

More specifically, I am thinking of using the latest Sesto Senso 2 focuser driver with my stable release as it now has support for the Esatto focuser, which I would like to give a try.

I know I could use the Nightly PPA and not have compatibility issues but, even though it is probably unlikely, I do not want to bring other issues on board for the moment.

Thanks for any enlightment.
3 years 6 months ago #59710

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 165
The drivers use base classes from the main library and if they don't match, there will be runtime linker errors among other problems as C++ is not tolerant to changes in class members. So the drivers need to be compiled against the same version of INDI as in the system. If you want to stay with stable release, you could recompile the new drivers you need against those libraries and they should work.
3 years 6 months ago #59788

• Thank you received: 54
Thanks for your answer.

I guess my options are: 1) wait for the next stable release (don't know how soon), or 2) take the plunge into Nightly and maybe contribute to finding and solving issues, if any, with the drivers I am using, but hoping there are none.

Thanks again.
3 years 6 months ago #59803

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds