INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

New adventure: a CEM25P

• Thank you received: 223
I've read again the thread on CN about the "SharpStar 15028HNT" and what I can say is that it requires a full rebuild before using it...
You also need a very expensive collimation laser tool for it. Only after lots of work it can be used to produce good images.
For the price, I wasn't expecting this. And I don't think this scope is going to be easy to use at a very remote location like mine...
3 years 6 months ago #60293

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I have received it today, quick setup, quick run, I like it.

3 years 6 months ago #60484
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 182
Stephane:

If you have a chance, can you measure the current limit (max current drawn when slewing) for the RA and DEC motors? I suspect that my worse guiding in DEC with the CEM25P is the result of a lower current limit set on the DEC board than on the RA board.
The RA motor in my CEM25P draws 160 mA when slewing, the DEC motor only 110 mA. As a result, I am seeing missed steps where the correction pulses do not elicit a mount movement.
I need a comparison reading of a few other CEM25Ps to determine whether that is an inherent setting of the firmware or the result of motor that is mismatched to the board. Of course, if you could connect an oscilloscope and post an image of the wave form the stepper controller is producing, that would be even better.

Best
Jo
3 years 6 months ago #60553

hello Jo,

is there an easy way to do that? If there is, please let me know and I'll check it for you.
3 years 6 months ago #60591

• Thank you received: 182
Easy... da liegt der Hase im Pfeffer...

I am using a tool like this one, but you need to put a female 12V connector on the input and a male connect on the output side.

smile.amazon.com/McIgIcM-Digital-Voltmet...+%2Caps%2C195&sr=8-4

I use that routinely to measure power consumption of all sorts of electronic gadgets. Between 4V and 28V it does not need its own power source, it will be powered off the input.

It readily showed that the RA and DEC motors in my CEM25P at least are not matched.

Alternatively, you could just plug the CEM25P into a standard 220V Watt meter, but that will be less precise. The CEM25P does not consume much power and the motors only draw a little over 1 Watt, so not much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gonzothegreat
3 years 6 months ago #60595

Thanks.
I'll put it on my every so growing to-do list, I can't say when I'll get to this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Corazon
3 years 6 months ago #60606

• Thank you received: 420
I am sure you have seen this thread, but I'd like to point it out anyway since there are different experiences with parking the mount using Ekos:

www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/7753-meridian...-ioptron-cem25p.html

Clear skies, Wouter
3 years 6 months ago #60670

I saw it but not yet read it entirely, so I shall do so now :)
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Gonzothegreat.
3 years 6 months ago #60672

So the StarFi adapter, from what I'm reading, is just a fancy RS323>wifi box that you connect at the back of the hand controller . Just to eliminate the cable between your computer and the hand controller :S
I was under the impression that it would bypass it, good thing I do a lot of forum searching :P ... I'd rather have a cable thank you very much.
Last edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Gonzothegreat.
3 years 6 months ago #60708

I have today ordered the USB cable to connect the hand controller, I have also reinstalled Ubuntu 18.x on my old i386 laptop.
As soon as the cable arrives, I shall be testing this mount indoors, especially the park position and meridian flip.
3 years 6 months ago #60724

I do not think that my counterweight bar is 100% square to the top of the DEC motor box. I can clearly see it's offset by a small amount.

Not an actual picture of my mount, just for illustration purposes.

The green line is not at 90° to the red line, so is this normal?
3 years 6 months ago #60781
Attachments:

Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue www.cloudynights.com/topic/688075-counte...any-way-to-fix-this/
3 years 6 months ago #60785

Time to create page: 0.338 seconds