INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Meridian flip and the iOptron CEM120

• Thank you received: 76
Could anyone with a CEM120 share their settings?

I seem to have lost my settings or something. This was working for me.. Last night my mount got 'stuck' at the meridian. I think it happened mid-capture.

I had EKOS set to flip at 0.15deg past the meridian. I don't know what the mount settings are at the moment.
It's not a major issue but it stops the scheduler from doing any more work.
If someone could share what they set in the mount's handset and in EKOS it would really help.

Thanks,
Derek
3 years 6 months ago #60720

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 420
We don't have a CEM120 but we do have a CEM25P and a GEM45. In the CEM25P we have set the meridian treatment in the hand controller to 10 minutes beyond culmination, which is the maximum time allowed there. Then in Ekos we have set it to 3 minutes past the meridian. Then the CEM25P will perform a meridian flip at 3 minutes past culmination. We haven't checked the settings for the GEM45 right now.

Do note that Ekos will only perform a meridian flip if the time setting in Ekos has passed AND if currently no image is being taken. But the mount doesn't know about images being taken so it will execute the meridian flip as soon as the time is right according to the meridian treatment settings. In other words, if the meridian treatment settings are set to 10 past culmination and the setting in Ekos to 3 minutes, then IF you are taking 8 minute exposures and IF one exposure ends at 2m 40 past culmination then the mount will execute a meridian flip before the next image of 8 minutes has ended. This is true for the CEM25P and we wouldn't be surprised if it were true for all iOptron mounts.

HTH, Wouter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Derek
3 years 6 months ago #60731

• Thank you received: 76
Thanks for the explanation Wouter,
I had a feeling alright that if it was mid capture it would not flip. This is ok, I'll just try to set what you have set above and I think it will reduce the risk of it not flipping.

Derek
3 years 6 months ago #60740

Time to create page: 0.291 seconds