INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Mount aborted. Please restart the process and reduce the speed.

• Thank you received: 155
Oh oh. What about meridian flips? I was hoping EKOS would be able to run my domed observatory?
3 years 6 months ago #61543

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

So dome is actually always factored in in Align module but it was more complex than that and has to do with using motion WE/NS controls which don't cause trigger in the dome. I submitted preliminary change to INDI for this which I hope gets to fix this, but we'll see tomorrow.
3 years 6 months ago #61558

• Thank you received: 155
Ok thanks.
PS: When I use the NS/EW motion controls to move the mount, the dome tracks after the movement stops.
3 years 6 months ago #61562

• Thank you received: 0
Did you ever resolve this issue and if you did what was the solution. I am having a similar problem.
2 years 1 month ago #81466

Please update to KStars v3.5.8 and INDI v1.9.5 and test again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Jeffries
2 years 1 month ago #81502

Last edit: 2 years 3 weeks ago by Andrew Jeffries. Reason: duplicate entry
2 years 3 weeks ago #81794

Ok Jasem i've done all that, including flashing a new Sandisk micro sd card and adding in any updates via the updater and I have run an hour long test to see if there is any issue remaining. Guardedly; because I've thought previously that the problems had been solved with other solutions; there were no issues that showed up this time. This was an indoor test with a fully loaded mount, but I shall have to wait for a few days before I can test the same setup on real stars.

My question now is, why, on what has been a closed system, ie not connected to the Internet, do problems like this arise that seem only to be fixed by a software upgrade? After all if there is no input from the WWW then all the bits should keep on doing what they do with no problems. Do sd cards wear out? if so why? I have used a 32 Gb Sandisk card for this so did not expect there to be a problem. What other issues can arise?

Thanks for the input.
2 years 3 weeks ago #81795

Hi Dear community!

Recently I have faced exactly same issue using my Astroberry with Kstars/Ekos.
I have figured out that the axis had been inverted by me in the Mount Control window before, so uncheck of that chekbox helped me to fix it.

I hope this will save a night for someone!
1 year 10 months ago #83559

Thank you for the report. I changed the message to ask the user to reverse the axis direction. It is unlikely due to speed so I removed that part.
1 year 10 months ago #83560

Time to create page: 0.967 seconds