INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos align module and rotators

• Thank you received: 7
I have a question on how rotators work with Ekos and align. There is no rotator simulator so my usual approach of try it out and see doesn’t work.

It I have a rotator then I guess the rotator button on the capture tab is enabled, and I can enter a rotation angle from celestial north in it.

I am assuming that the align module, as well as doing a closed loop slew, will also do a closed loop rotate to match the entered field rotation. I’m also assuming the the mosaic wizard will also correctly prefill the rotation angle.

Can some confirm this please. I’m looking very hard at getting a rotator and I’d rather not be forced to go back to windows based software to get these capabilities.

Thanks

J.
3 years 6 months ago #61447

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I actually added a rotator simulator just two days ago to INDI, so you can test with that. In alignment module, the rotator is used in Load & Slew so that after the image is solved, the rotator is then rotated to match the Position Angle of the image. In capture module, there is a rotator control where you can command it to a raw angle or a position angle. But to be able to use position angle, you need to perform at least one capture & solver with your camera. Then capture module can figure out the relationship between the raw angle reported by the rotator vs the position angle in the sky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jeremy Burton
3 years 6 months ago #61452

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds