INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Flat frames are not aligned w/ lights?

• Thank you received: 16
I am usually one to work on one filter a night, however, with LRGB that changes and I will usually try to do all of them in one session.

I noticed yesterday when stacking that my light frames are not aligned with my flat frames.

I am not sure if this is a result of a faulty EFW or not but it's like the filters aren't returning to the same position. I have no way to tell that really unless I am looking at my flat frames and lights next to each other.

The flats were taken before the session if that info helps at all. In the meantime I am going to contact ZWO
3 years 5 months ago #62089

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 133
In case this is still an open issue:
Yes, I've seen more reports that the ZWO wheels can (do?) end up in different positions. Recent INDI drivers support unidirectional mode of the wheels, which should improve things.
3 years 5 months ago #62588

Thanks,

I am either not updated or cannot find the option for it. I will see if I can look into it on Indi. I was told from ZWO that unidirectional is possible but that's all I know.
3 years 5 months ago #62589

Then you proably need an update - don't remember when it was introduced. Ah here it is:
commit 26b5f8ac22c9a577eebb1d8f4fadca546163d6cf
Author: Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja@ikarustech.com>
Date:   Wed Sep 9 03:48:40 2020 +0300

Add support for unidirectional motion in the EFW driver
The check box for it is in the main tab of the driver, directly below the 'Connect' buttons....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel DeSclafani
3 years 5 months ago #62590

Thanks,

How would I update just the driver?

I will do some research on it and try to figure it out, but if not then hopefully by then you can let me know.

Thanks!

Edi:

I have tried to update using the sudo commands listed under RPI4 on the website here. Says everything is up to date. Then says "1 package not updated"

Still no unidirectional option. Wonder what I am doing wrong, clearly it is available and I am doing something incorrectly
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Daniel DeSclafani.
3 years 5 months ago #62591

I don't know if kstars also needed changes for this - I thought no. So one thing you can try is to remove the files "ASI EFW_config.xml" and "ASI EFW_config.xml.default" in the ~/.indi directory (befor starting the INDI server).
3 years 5 months ago #62592

Sorry, I am novice when it comes to this. I dont know how to remove or install that package itself. I just kind of know how to run the general update etc. I will keep trying random things until I can figure it out
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Daniel DeSclafani.
3 years 5 months ago #62593

Maybe some other SM user is reading this and can give more detailed guides. As I said, I myself don't use it, so I do not know exactly where that file is located. It is not a package, just a file that gets written the first time you use a specific driver. It contains stuff like the definition of entries in the INDI control tab.
In principle you'd have to log in on the Pi (via ssh) and use the 'rm' command to delete them. If you can log in, you can try this command:
find / -name "ASI EFW_config.*"
to locate where it is. Waiting for some other reply is the safer choice in doubt :ohmy:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daniel DeSclafani
3 years 5 months ago #62597

Okay I will wait for another user to reply then. Thanks!
3 years 5 months ago #62600

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds