INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

How to add RA and DEC offset after slew

• Thank you received: 1
Hello all! I hope you are well.
I'm trying to automatize spectra image. Usually, we need slew accuracy for imaging to get the object centered.
For spectra images, the star (order 0) must be uncentered (normally near of the left and botton corner) to get the whole spectrum in FOV. With my CCD and telescope, I have 39' x 27' of FOV.

I'd like to add and RA and DEC offset after de slew and before of imaging: (-9',-13')

Any idea how to add that offset?

Regards, and thank you in advance.
Rafa.
3 years 4 months ago #62642

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There is no way to do this now. I think this highlights the need to expand the scripting. Right now we only have "Post Capture Script". I think I'll expand this, but not for 3.5.0 since we are now just performing bug fixes. But for 3.5.1, I'm thinking of this:

1. Pre Job Script
2. Pre Capture Script
3. Post Capture Script
4. Post Job Script

So in your case, you'd use #1 to command mount (via DBus call, or directly via INDI) to move this much offset.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter van Reeven
3 years 4 months ago #62643

• Thank you received: 420
Adding to what Jasem wrote: your best bet at the moment is to try and find a (possibly faint) star very close to the (-9', -13') offset of the object that you want to image. It is a difficult thing to do but you *can* specify the name of the target to add to the image names created by Ekos so you'll know what object you intended to image.
3 years 4 months ago #62645

• Thank you received: 226
I'll throw my 2 cents in and suggest collimating a guide scope with a corresponding offset. Then when the star is centered in the guide scope it will be offset in the spectrum FOV.
3 years 4 months ago #62646

Thank you! I'm awaiting for this functionallity in future releases.
Regards,
Rafa.
3 years 4 months ago #62666

Thank you.
Perhaps , it could work with a shining star. (SA100 reduces about 50% of light by difraction).
Regards,
Rafa.
3 years 4 months ago #62667

Thank you! It's a great idea. I also could use solve with guide scope. With AS100, solve module is not able to recognize star field buy with guide scope could work.

I'll try it.
Regards.
Rafa.
3 years 4 months ago #62668

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds