INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

KStars Mac 3.5.0 GUI problem (toggle for Ethernet connection to mount)

• Thank you received: 57
On KStars 3.5.0 downloaded/installed 26 November 2020 (MacOS 11.0.1 Big Sur)

Running Indi server on a remote pi (ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS server) with 10Micron mount, ASI1600, ASI EFW, Optec TCFS3, and Pegasus PPBA

All devices connect just fine to Ekos client on the Mac *EXCEPT* the 10Micron mount.

Mount control "Connections" tab shown in attached screen grab.

GUI offers option to switch to "Connection Mode" from default "Serial" to "Ethernet"

When clicked, the "Ethernet" button is supposed to redraw the panel to include an option to specify IP address and port rather than Baud Rate and Auto Search.

BUT THE ETHERNET BUTTON HAS NO EFFECT AT ALL.

There is no way to switch the mount driver to connect to the mount control box (for me 192.168.1.145:3492).

I previously reported this exact same behavior last week with a pi4 under ubuntu-mate with indinightly.

On my pi4 I switched from ubuntu-mate to kubuntu and the problem was solved. Maybe some kind of platform-dependent Qt thing?

Now I would like to use the new stable version on the Mac (much faster than the pi), but that darned GUI bug is back!

Thanks for any help.
Scott

UPDATE: The Ethernet button *DOES* work in "regular" (gnome) ubuntu as well. So I can run open the Mac under ubuntu in Parallels. But why not native Mac? And why not ubuntu-mate on the pi4?

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Scott Denning.
3 years 4 months ago #63464
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 139
I’ve seen the same thing happen to me intermittently with the 10Micron mount as well. This was happening to me prior to 3.5.0. Sometimes I can get it to work, but there is no rhyme or reason. It’s extremely frustrating. But once it works, you don’t need to mess with it again hopefully. I had not though about it being a GUI bug, and it very well could be.
3 years 4 months ago #63470

Seems like the GUI to me because the mount itself and the indi server are configured fine, as shown by the fact that they connect correctly in ubuntu and kubuntu, but not in ubuntu-mate or macOS. The underlying communications are OK and I can use everything. I just can't click that darned button in mate or Mac.
3 years 4 months ago #63471

Beta? Stable been released already, same issue I suppose?
3 years 4 months ago #63476

I just now downloaded the Mac .dmg file from www.indilib.org/jdownloads/kstars/kstars-3.5.0.dmg and replaced the copy I downloaded yesterday.

Screen grab of "About KStars" window is attached. It still shows "Beta" with a build date of 2020-11-20.

Is there a newer *stable* .dmg file? Where can I get it?
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Scott Denning.
3 years 4 months ago #63487
Attachments:

UPDATE: I copied the .indi/10micron_config.xml file from my kubuntu installation to the mac and now I am connected to the mount.

I will try this same trick on ubuntu-mate.
3 years 4 months ago #63490

• Thank you received: 812
I'm glad you were able to fix it by copying the config file, but it isn't good that this was necessary. As you pointed out this should be addressed. Whether this is an INDI bug, a QT bug, or a KStars bug remains to be seen.
3 years 4 months ago #63493

Time to create page: 1.205 seconds