INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Guide scope in Guider tab

• Thank you received: 0
Hello,

Can someone please explain which scope should be selected in the scope dropdown (see the screenshot)? I noticed that when I select Guide scope (200mm focal length connected to ASI 120MM) then I get better (smaller) guiding error and less corrections than when I set it to the Primary Scope (430mm). When I set it to Primary Scope I often get error around 0.5" which I think is a pretty good result. So, does it make any sense or perhaps it is just a coincidence related to different polar align or balancing the setup (which in my case can vary from night to night, although I do my best to do it as precise as possible) or indeed it is related to the scope setting?

Thanks
Karol
3 years 3 months ago #64103
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 226

Replied by Andrew on topic Guide scope in Guider tab

Generally you set it to guide scope, and you configure the correct focal length value in the telescope information on the mount tab.
The correct focal length is important as it is used to calculate the scale of the guide error and necessary for successful calibration.
So you should be using the guide scope option. Exception to that would be the use of an off-axis guider. But I would still recommend using the guide scope option with an OTG, just input the same focal length in the mount tab.
You will need to click save telescope info for it to apply. And you should save the mount indi driver configuration to make it permanent.
3 years 3 months ago #64149

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds