INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Internal Guiding Vs lin_Guider - GPIO pins

• Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I am trying to work out what my best option for guiding on my humble imaging rig would be. (Please, no comments regarding the spc900nc's guiding capabilities, I am fully aware that without an LX modification, I'll struggle to find guide stars, it's next on my list I promise.)

I have moved over from using an intervalometer for cam control and lin_guider for guiding to a full Astroberry installation, and figured you fine people would be able to advise me on the best method of guiding.

For context, my equipment is as follows:

Camera: Canon 1100D (modified)
Guide Camera: Philips spc900nc (unmodified)
Imaging Scope: Ian King Ikaharus (sp?) 80mm/560mm
Guide Scope: Generic Amazon Buy - 50mm/190mm
Mount: Old, black EQ5 with dual axis motor kit and "improved" handset, with ST4 socket

Guide Computer - Raspberry Pi3 running Astroberry and lin_guider.

Guiding is currently carried out by lin_guider, using the GPIO pulse driver option, .I have wired the GPIO pins to a 4 channel relay connected to an ST4 cable, which is plugged into the handset. I have used this set up with moderate success so far.

So, onto my question.

I know it is possible to utilise the guiding panel within EKOS, while still guiding with lin_guider, and the guide plot is displayed within the EKOS panel, however there is no guide image, as this webcam is being used by lin_guider so cannot be connected to EKOS . Can this guide image be displayed by EKOS? Or preferably, is it possible to use the internal guiding module to send the appropriate adjustments to lin_guider

Sorry for the waffle, I find context is key.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
3 years 4 months ago #64177

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds