INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Scripts

• Thank you received: 1

Scripts was created by Terry

Hi,
I've spent the last few months getting the obsy to work. I finally got Stephan's Odroid roof driver to work with my DIY roof- many thanks. I've got a Vixen SXW mount, and would like to create a startup script for the obsy.
I would know if it is possible to use 'http://192.168.0.9:80/START' in a bash script, or does anyone has any ideas on how to do this. At the moment, I have to change the state of the mount manually.
I know that this isn't a bash course, but just thought that an idea may come out. I've managed to get my gpios working to turn on and off power etc....
Here wishing one and all a happy new year (in advance) and may 2021 be better stargazing for all.
From rainy Brittany, France,
Terry

Running raspi Pi 3b and 4, Vixen SXW (Starbook driver), DIY Roll off (Odroid roof driver)
3 years 2 months ago #65127

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Scripts

Yes you can with curl if I recall correctly.
3 years 2 months ago #65134

Replied by Terry on topic Scripts

Hi Jasem,
thanks for you reply. Curl works. I seem to have some strange problem. I've written the simplest of scripts to test my setup...... when I run the script from the command-line, the mount initiates, and starts running. I can then run ekos / kstars, the driver connecting on its own. I can also run the scheduler if the script is run from command-line. If I run the script from within the scheduler, it doesn't run. I have run the chmod +x to make it executable.....
This is the script:

#! /bin/bash

echo "starting scope"
curl http://192.168.0.11:80/START
echo "scope initialised"
I'm running Fedora 33 astro
cheers
Terry
3 years 2 months ago #65192

Replied by Terry on topic Scripts

DUH, had the script in wrong directory....time wasted for simple mistake....still learning.
Thanks again
Terry
3 years 2 months ago #65193

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds