INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Re:Mosaic planning

• Thank you received: 28
Hi all. It's summer here is Australia so it's Orion imaging time. After a session last night of imaging the house head I thought maybe it would be great to capture a mosaic of Barnard's loop.

But I didn't think of creating my sequence file last night when I was set up. I don't use a rotator so I very rarely change the camera orientation.

This morning I was trying to create my mosaic files and obviously you can't because the camera rotation is unknown and you need to solve once to get this data.

Is there anyway to use my previous WCS and camera orientation data to build the sequence file without having To run the solver? IE offline using your previous sessions data as a starting point.

Regards
3 years 2 months ago #65986

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Mosaic planning

A quick solution would be to solve your picture externally and use its location and rotation as coordinates for your initial scheduler job. Then you create your mosaic from it with an odd number of panes in each direction to keep the original at the center.

If you are post-processing your sub-exposures and stacking them aligned, rotation isn't really a problem. But I can understand your point.

-Eric
The following user(s) said Thank You: Petar Milevski
3 years 2 months ago #65991

• Thank you received: 301

Replied by Eric on topic Re:Mosaic planning

I think I was a bit quick to reply about the rotation as coordinate, but there is a MR in the making at invent.kde.org, so that should be possible soon if it's not right now.

-Eric
3 years 2 months ago #66198

• Thank you received: 28

Replied by Petar Milevski on topic Re:Mosaic planning

Hi Eric, thanks for your help. Ill keep an eye out for it.

regards
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Petar Milevski. Reason: spelling
3 years 2 months ago #66203

Time to create page: 0.261 seconds