INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Inverted KStars movement?!

• Thank you received: 4
Hey Everyone,

I started using stellarmate a few weeks ago, and had a few issues which I got sorted out. I have however decided to start from scratch per se, and installed indi on a fresh install of Ubuntu on my raspberry pi, with KStars / Ekos on my macbook.

Connections all work fine, and control to my dslr and scope work (almost) fine. The issue is... the mount controls through KStars do the right thing.. left moves the scope left, right right, up up, down down. *However*.. within KStars the direction indicated moves the *opposite* direction.

I've got my time and geo set in KStars correctly (was my first thought, as i'm in the southern hemisphere).. and i'm sure it's just a setting i'm missing somewhere or something that's strange.

Any pointers?!

Cheers,
Jack
3 years 2 months ago #65995

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You mean KStars Mount Control Panel? There is "reverse" button you can check.
3 years 2 months ago #65997

Replied by Jack on topic Inverted KStars movement?!

Oh yes I know that's there. It's unchecked (I did try check it, with the opposite outcome).

But to be clear, I slew the telescope left using the left pointing arrow in the mount control, and my telescope slews left correctly. *However* the little reticule in KStars showing the position of the telescope moves RIGHT.

Same goes for all directions. If i flip the reverse button, and click the left button the telescope slews right.. but then kstars moves left.

It's very strange.

Jack
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Jack.
3 years 2 months ago #65998

Ok in some further testing this morning, KStars on Windows works 100% fine. The issue only occurs on OSX.

Given it's not an INDI issue, i'll see what I can find out on the KStars side.

Will come back with the outcome either way!

Cheers,
Jack
3 years 2 months ago #66031

For future posterity, this behaviour seemed to correct itself once I upgraded OSX from Catalina to Big Sur.

Likely an incompatibility with the last version of OSX... not great.. but fixable as long as your laptop isn't too old!

Cheers,
Jack
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric
3 years 2 months ago #66033

Time to create page: 0.627 seconds