INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Aggiornamento di Kstars ekos con git

• Thank you received: 0
hello everyone, I prepared my own version of raspberry pi and I installed correctly via gi indi, libraries and dependencies.
For kstars I have some doubts if I use the code I find in the readme.md
mkdir -p ~/Projects
git clone https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars.git
mkdir -p kstars-build
cd kstars-build
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo ../kstars
make -j8
sudo make install
kstars 3.5.2 beta is installed and not the latest stable version 3.5.1. How can I fill out the git to take last stable biuld?

thank you so much for your help!
3 years 2 months ago #66571

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 53
I think you need to look at the commit history for CMakeLists.txt to find which commit is for 3.5.1
You could create a branch for yourself with HEAD pointing to that commit.
Not sure if there is a better way.
3 years 2 months ago #66573

thank you so much for your answer. I was hoping there would be to integrate into the cmake string and add them option for last stable release.
3 years 2 months ago #66574

• Thank you received: 559
Jasem marks commits in the git log. You can use git log and scroll back until you find them.
For instance, here's an entry for the last release 3.5.1
commit 0b214549fd042660012760bb4e78a2c2669d776c
Author: Jasem Mutlaq <mutlaqja@ikarustech.com>
Date:   Thu Jan 7 10:07:51 2021 +0300

Mark 3.5.1 stable release

so, 'git checkout 0b214549fd042660012760bb4e78a2c2669d776c' would get you to 3.5.1.

Another way to do it is to go to the KStars gitlab page, invent.kde.org/education/kstars, and look at the 'History' link and scroll down until you see the release you want, or use the search feature (e.g. search for 3.5.1).

Using that ID to the right should also work: 'git checkout 0b214549'. Verify with 'git log'.

Hy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Self
3 years 1 month ago #66613
Attachments:

Ok i try this very soon

git clone -b <branchname> --single-branch <remote-repo-url>

In your opinion Can it work?
3 years 1 month ago #66615

ok friends with this works update, Kstars stays updated to 3.5.1.
# Major upgrade ksatars to 3.5.1
# Link to git
# https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/tree/0b214549fd042660012760bb4e78a2c2669d776c
# Glodal update
echo astropi | sudo -S apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y dist-upgrade && sudo apt full-upgrade
echo astropi | sudo -S apt autoremove
#
# Preparing & upgrading kstars
#
echo astropi | sudo -S apt-get -y install build-essential cmake git libstellarsolver-dev libeigen3-dev libcfitsio-dev zlib1g-dev libindi-dev extra-cmake-modules libkf5plotting-dev libqt5svg5-dev libkf5xmlgui-dev libkf5kio-dev kinit-dev libkf5newstuff-dev kdoctools-dev libkf5notifications-dev qtdeclarative5-dev libkf5crash-dev gettext libnova-dev libgsl-dev libraw-dev libkf5notifyconfig-dev wcslib-dev libqt5websockets5-dev xplanet xplanet-images qt5keychain-dev libsecret-1-dev breeze-icon-theme
#
mkdir -p kstars-build
cd kstars-build
wget https://invent.kde.org/education/kstars/-/archive/0b214549fd042660012760bb4e78a2c2669d776c/kstars-0b214549fd042660012760bb4e78a2c2669d776c.zip
unzip kstars-0b214549fd042660012760bb4e78a2c2669d776c.zip
mv kstars-0b214549fd042660012760bb4e78a2c2669d776c kstars
cd kstars
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo ../kstars
make -j6
echo astropi | sudo -S make install
#
# Remove temp & unused files
#
rm -rf /home/astropi/kstars-build
rm -rf /home/astropi/AstroPi/script
#
sudo reboot

I found that during the cmake there are errors and in fact kstars works but ekos schedular crashes as soon as you start the sequence.
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/htmesh/SpatialException.cpp:285:25: warning: passing argument 1 to restrict-qualified parameter aliases with argument 3 [-Wrestrict]
                 sprintf(str_, "%s interface violation", str_);
                         ^~~~                            ~~~~
[ 30%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/fitsviewer/fitstab.cpp.o
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/fitsviewer/stretch.cpp: In instantiation of ‘void {anonymous}::stretchThreeChannels(T*, QImage*, const StretchParams&, int, int, int, int) [with T = const unsigned char]’:
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/fitsviewer/stretch.cpp:221:29:   required from ‘void {anonymous}::stretchChannels(T*, QImage*, const StretchParams&, int, int, int, int, int) [with T = const unsigned char]’
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/fitsviewer/stretch.cpp:333:93:   required from here
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/fitsviewer/stretch.cpp:171:31: warning: cast from ‘uchar*’ {aka ‘unsigned char*’} to ‘QRgb*’ {aka ‘unsigned int*’} increases required alignment of target type [-Wcast-align]
             auto * scanLine = reinterpret_cast<QRgb*>(outputImage->scanLine(jout));
[ 32%] Building CXX object kstars/CMakeFiles/KStarsLib.dir/ekos/auxiliary/stellarsolverprofileeditor.cpp.o
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp: In instantiation of ‘void Ekos::DarkLibrary::subtract(const QSharedPointer<FITSData>&, const QSharedPointer<FITSData>&, FITSScale, uint16_t, uint16_t) [with T = short int; uint16_t = short unsigned int]’:
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp:190:76:   required from here
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp:285:22: warning: cast from ‘uint8_t*’ {aka ‘unsigned char*’} to ‘short int*’ increases required alignment of target type [-Wcast-align]
     T *lightBuffer = reinterpret_cast<T *>(lightData->getWritableImageBuffer());
                      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp:291:28: warning: cast from ‘const uint8_t*’ {aka ‘const unsigned char*’} to ‘const short int*’ increases required alignment of target type [-Wcast-align]
     T const *darkBuffer  = reinterpret_cast<T const*>(darkData->getImageBuffer()) + darkoffset;
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp: In instantiation of ‘void Ekos::DarkLibrary::subtract(const QSharedPointer<FITSData>&, const QSharedPointer<FITSData>&, FITSScale, uint16_t, uint16_t) [with T = short unsigned int; uint16_t = short unsigned int]’:
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp:194:77:   required from here
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp:285:22: warning: cast from ‘uint8_t*’ {aka ‘unsigned char*’} to ‘short unsigned int*’ increases required alignment of target type [-Wcast-align]
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp:291:28: warning: cast from ‘const uint8_t*’ {aka ‘const unsigned char*’} to ‘const short unsigned int*’ increases required alignment of target type [-Wcast-align]
     T const *darkBuffer  = reinterpret_cast<T const*>(darkData->getImageBuffer()) + darkoffset;
                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp: In instantiation of ‘void Ekos::DarkLibrary::subtract(const QSharedPointer<FITSData>&, const QSharedPointer<FITSData>&, FITSScale, uint16_t, uint16_t) [with T = int; uint16_t = short unsigned int]’:
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp:198:76:   required from here
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp:285:22: warning: cast from ‘uint8_t*’ {aka ‘unsigned char*’} to ‘int*’ increases required alignment of target type [-Wcast-align]
/home/astropi/kstars-build/kstars/kstars/ekos/auxiliary/darklibrary.cpp:291:28: warning: cast from ‘const uint8_t*’ {aka ‘const unsigned char*’} to ‘const int*’ increases required alignment of target type [-Wcast-align]

ok I put some mistakes during the cmak process. Does anyone know why there are these mistakes? Is my procedure for installing the version correct?
3 years 1 month ago #66887

Time to create page: 0.323 seconds