INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Pegasus Ultimate Dew heaters

• Thank you received: 56
Found this on the Pegasus site. Its about the cube but I guess its how they deal with backlash:

Compensation will be invoked when the move in opposite of the compensation direction. For
example, if you select “IN” then on every “OUT” move, the compensation will be invoked such
that the focuser will be moved out by the amount specified and then in by that amount to
remove the backlash. There is no need to be exact about the amount of compensation to use.
Just make sure the amount specified is more than needed to remove the backlash.
To enable backlash compensation, choose the extra steps you need to calculated in
compensation, select the direction of it and click the “On” check box.
3 years 2 months ago #67243
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 140
Hi,
Yes I know how to use it, my issue is that it does not seem to work as it should...first of all in the INdI driver there is no option to set “in” or “out” and second for example, if I move the focuser 500 steps out, and the Backlash is set to 100 then I have only actually moved 400, but the 100 backlash steps are not counted in the actual position, not taken into account in the move, it will show that you have moved 500 steps, which is wrong, so at some point the figures shown in the stepper motor settings are going to be way out..and repeatability will not be possible without re setting everything...

And am I correct in thinking that is you set it to “in” then backlash compensation will only be used on the IN movement and NOT on the OUT movement...is that what you were saying...if so why, you bet backlash on every move, in or out when changing direction...?.
3 years 2 months ago #67246

To be honest I not sure exactly what this means.

I agree it seems odd that they have the concept of a direction for the cube but the API for the UPB only lets us set the number of steps:

"SB:nnn..
Stepper Backlash Steps (0 = disable, any other positive number sets backlash steps)"
3 years 2 months ago #67248

I also get these errors very often from the UPB driver when in use...
3 years 2 months ago #67254
Attachments:

Since I upgraded to the latest firmware I don't get those anymore.
What firmware are your on. 2.4 is the one that fixed it for me.
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Rishi Garrod.
3 years 2 months ago #67255

Yes, I am on 2.4...
3 years 2 months ago #67285

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds