INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Setting Fits keywords TELESCOP and OBSERVER?

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

To make upload of variable star observations to AAVSOs VPhot easier, tthe two fits keywords TELESCOP and OBSERVER needs to be set properly. Now, were in Ekos do I set this? I find that TELESCOP is typically given my mounts name, which is not really correct, and OBSERVER is empty. So where and how do I change this so I get files with the proper keywords?

Magnus
3 years 2 months ago #66960

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

There is a small "person" icon in Ekos capture sequence bar (where you add jobs..etc). Just click there to add your info.
3 years 2 months ago #66992

Great, thanks!!

Is there also a way to change the TELESCOP keyword? Right now, that is set to my mount (Losmandy Gemini) - but I'd like it to be the designation of my telescope, identical to what it is called in VPhot (C11ATIK383)?

In the Indi control panel, the driver name is given but I cannot change it. Should I create an alias with my telsecope name...?

Magnus
3 years 2 months ago #67387

Hi!

I've been struggling to make Ekos include my observer code (LMN) as Observer in the fits file headers. I have 2 problems with it: 
The box for setting my name (when clicking the small person above the capture job list) asks for my first name and last name. But I don't want that, I just want "LMN". I think I have solved it by entering LMN for both first and second name, then deleting one of them. 

Secondly, and this is the most important: even though I have set LMN as observer, the image files still say "Unknown". What am I missing here?

Magnus
2 years 11 months ago #70330

• Thank you received: 133
Maybe the code checks internally whether both name parts are non-zero?
My FITS files do contain my name properly, so in principle it seems to work.
Have you tried entering some spaces for the second name part?
2 years 11 months ago #70424

Hi!

Well, interestingly enough, tonight the observer field is correctly filled with my code. I fiddled with the settings, entered and deleted spaces. Not sure what I really did, but now it seems to be filled in... :)

Magnus
2 years 11 months ago #70475

Hi!

So I think I've managed to only enter my observer ID, LMN, instead of my first and second name. 

However: I feel that it would be better to not have these two fields,first and second name, in the window for entering observer, as all that the fits header wants, is a string. And as in my case, that string could be anything, not just a name. 

Magnus
2 years 11 months ago #70577

Time to create page: 0.360 seconds