INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Installing on Rpi 4, running Ubuntu 20.1 - the why and how (sort of)

• Thank you received: 8
Yeah, took me a fair bit of googling for answers and getting conflicting things. Just made networkmanager autoconnect and set the priority of the wifi. You try to get it to do a virtual device but since I have a USB Wifi I have used that + the RPI's wifi too.

Anyway I made sure I documented my setup and have all my config on my github page, it is for Manjaro ARM but they're a systemd + network manager system it might be helpful in some parts for anyone who is configuring their own system (other than installing packages) github.com/wgauvin/astrogruff-setup
3 years 1 month ago #67550

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 17
For Ubuntu, the proper way to do it is to use the NetworkManager files in /etc/netplan. You write up a procedure file (extension - .yaml) that contains the definitions for the etho and wlan settings. This file is VERY indent specific and you need to do a bit of research or find a good example of what works. I set up a static etho ip and a named Hotspot (set the SSID and Password) in this file. Everything comes up at startup, once I got the syntax all correct.
3 years 1 month ago #67570

• Thank you received: 0
I just started looking at the Astroberry and after reading your thread this makes a lot of sense to move towards a 64 BIT OS. I'm sure after I see my first crash in 32bit, I'll be back here installing ubuntu. As we all know AP is so fragile and taking out the OS as a problem is a huge help. Thanks for posting this.
3 years 3 weeks ago #68042

Time to create page: 0.587 seconds