INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

[SOLVED:] Bleeding edge release unable to find cameras

• Thank you received: 69
With bleeding edge versions since about March 12th, I have been unable to see my cameras with KStars, while Phd2 can see the ZWO 224mc directly, Kstars issues the notification...
"kstars Unable to establish the following device Nikon DSLR Please ensure each device is connected and powered on."
lsusb shows both cameras as usb devices.

If I run Kstars with internal guiding it notifies that it can't see either camera.

Running the stable 2021-03-1 version works as expected.

I couldn't find an error in any log I inspected that provided more detail than the notification message.
Running on Odroid-N2 using Unbuntu 20.0.4

Perhaps unrelated, I have enabled the Terrain feature in the bleeding edge version and it is working.

Any suggestion on how to debug this?

Thanks
3 years 1 week ago #68719

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 559
Jerry, Can't image it's related to Terrain. However, I'd recommend that you make sure you're using the latest Indi when using the latest KStars. I get lazy updating Indi, but often if I do get a driver error, it's related to some incompatibility between Indi and KStars versions, and an Indi update fixes it.
3 years 1 week ago #68733

• Thank you received: 27
I am also seeing similar issue, I had to downgrade INDI.
3 years 1 week ago #68738

• Thank you received: 1
Welcome to my lesson learned. Same thing here. My ZWO cameras are not found but work in ASI software.

You need to revert to the stable INDI.

indilib.org/forum/ccds-dslrs/9089-indi-c...le-to-establish.html

I tired the nightly Because I wanted the Celestron 3.6 driver to fix pulse guiding. After I updated I couldn't get my cameras going.

Switching back to stable fixed that. I ST4 guiding right now with my ASI 120mm mini on my CGEMII with a ASI224 and it's working great.

Now I know, baby steps and BACKUP!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerry Black
3 years 1 week ago #68739

Just confirming that this page www.indilib.org/download.html contains the up-to-date instructions for switching to/from the bleeding edge version? e.g.
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mutlaqja/indinightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install indi-full kstars-bleeding gsc

As a result this is what UbuntuMate 20.0.4 shows when reverting to the stable branch
It's not clear to me how to ensure "make sure you're using the latest Indi when using the latest KStars" this is happening with this environment. It appears to be automatic (assuming I switch back to the nightlies).
Cheers
3 years 1 week ago #68745
Attachments:

I can confirm that Bleeding edge nightly Build: 2021-03-17T15:03:52Z has solved my connection problems with the Nikon and Zwo ASI224MC camera :)
3 years 1 week ago #68838

• Thank you received: 4
So I am in a similar situation. The nightly distribution has the patched Indi_Celestron_GPS driver, which fixes the guider calibration problem. But the nightly has other problems where I can't connect to my QHY268C.

I ended up switching to nightly and copying the Indi_Celestron_GPS file from /usr/bin onto my desktop. Then I reverted to stable build and copied the saved driver back from desktop into /usr/bin, overwriting the 'stable' driver.

It seems to work, although I am still getting random crashes during imaging that I need to chase now...

Hopefully this helps get the guiding back up for someone.
3 years 6 days ago #69063

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds