Nobody with the same issue ?
This is with the last stable Stellarmate 1.5.9
I confirmed that Pegasus PPBA_config.xml has the correct port name, so the problem is with the INDI gui.
I also confirmed that the Save Option is not working for the port names:
When starting INDI, Auto Search is always enabled in Pegaus PPBA -> Options.
When connecting, after failing with the default (wrong) port name, it makes and Autosearch, sets the correct port name, connects, and the AutoSearch is automatically set to 'Disabled'.
I then tried to save the configuration, but even after saving, each time I start again INDI, AutoSearch appears Enabled and with the wrong port set.
By the way, a proposal for enhancement:
I find the new presentation of the system ports quite ugly. The by-id port identifiers are very long, some do not fit on the corresponding button and the buttons are so long that it is necessary to full expand the screen to see them all. Couldn't you just put the first characters of the name, allowing you to read the full name inside a ToolTip?
For example instead of:
Silicon_Labs_CP2102N_to_Bridge_Controller_84b710d762b7e811b7546c (this button label has already been shortened !!)
to simply use:
In case there is more than one, use Silicon_labs_1, Silicon_labs_2, etc. And get the full name in the ToolTip
I confirm the problem for my UPBv2 and also with my PPBM : indi try to connect with the name truncated : usb-Pegasus_Astro_PPBMicro_revA_PPBM636SF3-if0 (dev/serial/by-id/usb-Pegasus_Astro_PPBMicro_revA_PPBM636SF3-if00-port0 )
And I confirm too for the save settings problem : the file is updated when you save the settings, but on the the next start, it seems it does not use the settings saved (like disabled auto search)
Tested on Stellarmate and also in ubuntu 20.04.
At least for my devices, the first two or three words are the more meaningful ones and useful as a label. (The example you give in your post uses terms in the middle of the symlink name...it is obviously not adequate)
I will try the Save Option again but I already tried several times in two different days and INDI didnt save the PPBA port between restarts. I did upgrade Stellarmate (in command line, I didnt burn the new image). I do not know if this can make a difference.