INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Does anyone have INDI working well with a Nexdome?

• Thank you received: 155
I have two issues, and found another Nexdome INDI user that shares one issue.  

1-  INDI stops SYNCING the dome after it crosses 360 degrees azimuth.  We have to hit the abort button, once we see that the dome has stopped rotating, to get it going again.  This happens just as the dome tries to move from +359 degrees to +00 degrees, or in reverse.  It just stops syncing as soon as it crosses the zero degree point.  This does not happen with ASCOM.

2- INDI calculates the correct azimuth for the dome location - until the CEM120 mount moves to the HOME position (0 azimuth).  When the mount moves to this location, INDI sees the mount at zero degrees, but miscalcutates the dome azimuth as 90 degrees.  The dome then moves to 90 degrees.  If I manually move the mount to any location, the dome syncs correctly.  But I use set the mount to slew to HOME, the dome moves to 90.  

2 years 11 months ago #71512

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Turn on logs and try to reproduce #1 and share the logs with INDI+Dome checkboxes enabled.
2 years 11 months ago #71532

Jasem, the issue is no longer an issue. I have noticed that the above error only happens with KStars 3.5.2 and the previous versions of the INDI driver. I was using my Astroberry when I wrote the above, and that still has not been upgraded to 3.5.3.

I reinstalled my NanoPC linux box (Armbian Focal) and upgraded to KStars 3.5.3 stable and there is a new edit box in the INDI Nexdome driver. That box allows me to select a new option for dome syncing to allow the dome to sync with the mount hour angle. This does not exist on previous versions of the driver. I turned that on, and the issue is resolved!
2 years 10 months ago #72023

Good to hear! Thanks for reporting back.
2 years 10 months ago #72035

Jasem, do you know how I can update INDI on my Astroberry?
2 years 10 months ago #72046

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds