INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Ekos and alerting

• Thank you received: 1

Ekos and alerting was created by flo

hello 
i m using EKOS (stellarmate version) and i wonder  how to raise alert  when some event occur during the night  as  guiding lost or camera sequence aborted or humidy level raise. 

i will like to be able to send an alert to a google home , or home automation system (like philips hue light) to wake me . 
yesterday , weatherforcast say it  will be a clear night and when i wake up this morning it was raining , hopefully i remove my scope at 1am :) 
as i dont have a automated dome , i wonder if someone can help me how to do it. 

if somewhere in ekos we can react to an event to send a web request , i m sure i can get alert on my phone with IFTTT or something like this 

thanks
florent

2 years 10 months ago #71868

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Ekos and alerting

While that's possible, it's not built in into Ekos. There is one way to execute a command once weather warning is up. But this also depends on INDI driver ability to detect rain, so I'm not sure if you already have this in place.
2 years 10 months ago #71871

Replied by flo on topic Ekos and alerting

hi Jasem

no , i ve got nothing like a cloudwatcher or something like this yet.

i m looking on information about how to catch Indi warning or error . i can parse the logs and sent web resquest but i cant find there the default logs are except f i specify FILE in logs option

what is the possility with weather alerts ?
2 years 10 months ago #71873

Replied by Jasem Mutlaq on topic Ekos and alerting

You can use [rul=https://indilib.org/develop/developer-manual/104-scripting.html]INDI Scripting[/url] to watch for specific properties then take the appropriate action. I believe it would be possible to add something like this to Ekos but that will take quite a bit of work. Any volunteers? :D
2 years 10 months ago #71875

i m going to test the command to watch some parameter

may be a notification section on ekos will be a nice addon for automated obs, just with an email
2 years 10 months ago #71889

• Thank you received: 42

Replied by wotalota on topic Ekos and alerting

An example using Python of scripting external to Ekos using its properties.
www.indilib.org/forum/ekos/5065-full-aut...n-the-scheduler.html
Oriented to protecting observatory before the observatory panel was created but I found it helpful introduction to Python and properties.

I came across a star counting example in Python on the internet and played around with it using a spare ASI120-S.
I use cron to schedule the taking of an image every 15 minutes and count the number of stars. In my case I tie it into Ekos using the WeatherSafetyProxy as a soft error if star count falls below some value. Weather has been too poor to know what the value might be. I run it on a separate odroid along with the other weather monitoring so they can run 24x7. If you are using a Raspberry Pi at the mount using the Pi's HD camera instead might be better.
Thinking you want to be woke up before the rain starts. If you can find your way around Python perhaps it is possible to go from stand alone Python code to an alarm of some kind. Anyway you are welcome to the code as it stands if interested.
2 years 10 months ago #71890

if only i knew how to code :)

i can make very simple shell but thats all :)

i m experiement the Netatmo opendata map with my Home automation software (jeedom, french team !) . i ve selected a few open netatmo station with rain detector around my house . Will check if it work . i should able to get a alert of rain , but for cloud coverage

an all sky camera counting the number of star is a great idea to check the coverage

florent
2 years 10 months ago #71892

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds