INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

• Thank you received: 41
Hello!

I have two Omegon Pro cameras and I’ve just noticed that, if the camera is connected to indilib tab in Ekos, then it is not working in PHD2. If I disconnect it, it seems to work fine.

I do not know if you can do anything about that Jasem or it is just how the driver works but I thought it would be good to point it.
2 years 9 months ago #72912

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by Bart on topic Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

That's a good thing!
You don't want two drivers trying to control one device. They could, for example, send conflicting commands. How would the device respond then?
2 years 9 months ago #72916

Hello Bart,

You do certainly have a point, but my ZWO camera works like that, so that's why I wanted to mention it. I've never before thought to disconnect a camera from indi to work on another app.
2 years 9 months ago #72917

So, my thought now is, should I remove also the guide camera from the profile? Cause I use it only with the PHD2 for guiding.
2 years 9 months ago #72925

• Thank you received: 26

Replied by Bart on topic Omegon Pro / Touptek drivers

Exactly, just in the Indi profile, remove the Touptec/ Omegon camera.

For 'normal' guiding though, I'd suggest to use the internal guider. I've used it often and it's good!
2 years 9 months ago #72929

It should work as long as you select "INDI Camera" in PHD2.
2 years 9 months ago #72930

I'm quite sure that I've already tested it that too a couple of times, but never worked. Just "time out".
2 years 9 months ago #72935

I wish I could really! I do not like to have two apps running, but unfortunately, I didn't have good results with the internal guider while the same night I could achieve better RMS with PHD2.
2 years 9 months ago #72936

• Thank you received: 3
What Omegon camera's do you have? I have a Guide 2000M and have a lot of connection issues with it in INDI/Ekos. The camera works great with the ASCOM drivers but loses connection after some minutes in ekos. Sometimes it recovers, sometimes it doesn't. But it's not reliable at all. I tried so many things that I gave up on it. I really would love to make it work, because I love using Ekos-Kstars a lot.
2 years 9 months ago #72937

I have the Omegon 533 C for main and the Omegon 1200m for guide. I've tried both to connect them to PHD2 while are ON in Ekos but I had the same result "Unable to complete exposure, time out etc".

As soon as I disconnect the camera from indi tab, it works in PHD2.
2 years 9 months ago #72938

• Thank you received: 3
That's exactly the same with my guide camera. I get the exposure time-out message. Not only in PHD2 but also with the internal guider of Ekos. If the guide camera is the only device that's connected it works fine. But as soon as I connect my mount or when an image is being dowloaded from my dslr. I tried different usb-cables, powered hub, directly connected to a raspberry pi with Stellarmate and even ran Ekos on my Macbook Pro, everytime the same behavior
2 years 9 months ago #72939

I can confirm the issue with two camera (altair + toupcam). I'll look into it and see if it might be related to USB or something else.
2 years 9 months ago #72945

Time to create page: 0.252 seconds