INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Paramount Driver with ASIAir Pro

• Thank you received: 0
Hi, I’ve been successful in connecting to the SkyX using my ASIAir Pro and its INDI Paramount Driver. However there is a long delay before slewing making it impossible to use. I’ve followed the instructions here: www.indilib.org/telescopes/bisque-paramount.html. I’ve tried this with both a Unix computer with SkyX on it and a Windows computer with SkyX.  Both have a long delay before slewing. The INDI Paramount driver DOES WORK with EKOS and K-Stars on a Unix computer, so we believe it is a problem with the ASIAir Pro and the Paramount driver. The ASIAir Pro is connected to my iPad via wired ethernet.  It works fine with my iOptron GEM45 mount. There is no delay with slewing. 

Please advise. Thanks!
Rick 
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Rixon Reed.
2 years 8 months ago #73896

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advise: use newer INDI drivers.

If you want a similar form factor, you can get StellarMate/AstroBerry/AstroPI or even build your own little box.
2 years 8 months ago #73897

Hi Jasem, Thank you for the reply. Is this a known issue with the older Paramount INDI driver? When was it updated to fix this issue? Thanks! Rick
2 years 8 months ago #73899

2 years 8 months ago #73900

Great thanks! Very helpful. And it does appear that there was an issue with asynchronous communication with the paramount driver that now may be fixed. this may have caused the slew delay in ASIAir Pro.
2 years 8 months ago #73904

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds