INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SkyWatcher Alt-Az Axis Switched

• Thank you received: 0
I'm trying to setup StellarMate OS running on my Raspberry Pi4 and when testing the system it appears that the Alt and Az axis are switched.  I'm in Kstars and watching the location.  When I move the Alt axis, the motion on Kstars is as if I moved Az axis and vise versa.  I am running INDI Skywatcher Alt-Az Driver v1.3.  Any idea what is going on?
2 years 7 months ago #74004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Tim,

Can you please attach the logs?

indilib.org/individuals/logs-howto.html
2 years 7 months ago #74027

• Thank you received: 0
Hi Jasem, I know it's been awhile but since my last post, I reinstalled StellarMate.  Now the mount axis are not longer switched.  I used Kstars and Kros to control the mount and test it.  I selected several stars and measured around the circumference. Th Az axis seems to track correctly; however, the Alt seems to more than expected.  For example, I selected Arcturus in Kstars and told the mount to "GoTo".  The angle listed in Kstars was ~65deg but the angle on the mount's dial was ~70deg.  It seems the microsteps/arcsecond is incorrect.  I looked at the Detailed Mount Information and the microsteps/arcseconds were the same for both axis.  I have contacted Skywatcher and they are asking their engineers.  What are your thoughts?

Tim
2 years 7 months ago #74637

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds