INDI Library v1.9.2 Released (14 Sep 2021)

Bimonthly Stable INDI Library release introduces new drivers and fixes for existing ones.

Nearest Math Plugin for INDI::Alignment Subsystem

I just finished adding Nearest Math Plugin to INDI::Alignment Subsystem. It was tested with EQMod using the alignment system instead of its own built-in alignment system developed by Jean-Luc. The Nearest Math plugin was adapted from the nearest algorithm used in EQMod, and I have to say it performs a lot better for those who want a quick Capture & Solve experience.

The Built in Math & SVD plugins do a much better job at N-Star alignment modeling. So they are worth investigating for those who are interested in this. For the time being, I invite all users to try out this new math plugin, and you can switch to it in the Alignment tab of the driver. It is available for drivers that use the INDI Alignment Subsystem:
+ AstroTrac
+ Celestron AUX
+ EQMod (but you must explicitly switch to INDI Alignment in Options)
+ Temma
+ SkyWatcher driver.

I haven't tested this for Alt-Az mounts so it would be good to report back for such mounts. Recently, the alignment system in INDI received an overhaul. This is the first time I take a stab at it in years since it's probably one of the most complex aspects of INDI. At any rate, please test and report back.

Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Jasem Mutlaq.
2 months 2 weeks ago #74026

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0
Is this already released ?
Wanted to test with Alt-Az
1 month 2 weeks ago #75189

It's in beta/nightly, please test from there if you can.
Jasem Mutlaq
Support INDI & Ekos; Get StellarMate Astrophotography Gadget.
How to Submit Logs when you have problems?
Add your observatory info
1 month 2 weeks ago #75198

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds