INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Strange geographic location for Losmandy Gemini

• Thank you received: 62
Hi!

I'm using INDI/Ekos with a Losmandy G-11 Gemini 1. Every time I start INDI and the G11, the geographical location is wrong and the time zone is wrong. I've tried setting it correctly on the mount before starting INDI, but still it is wrong. I have to manually set it right in the INDI tab for the mount.

So: what is this location that is set on startup? I've tried saving the correct setting, but still there is some other setting being loaded at startup. Is there a settings file on the INDI server that I can edit, or what?

Magnus
8 years 1 month ago #6850

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 19
I can't recall getting time issues with the G11 Gemini, but it's never showed the location properly in INDI. For me, it shows something like (24) instead of Brisbane. However, the location coordinates seem to be fine. Since the location was messed up, I just set and control the location details via the handset (or website) and just let INDI read the values.
8 years 1 month ago #6853

Hi!

I just realized that the lat/long values that INDI sets, are the ones set in Kstars. They are, however, not correct for me, but I don't know how to manually set them in Kstars (those fields are greyed out in the "welcome"-guie in Kstars...

How do you make INDI read the mount values? No matter how I set them with the handset (the Gemini handset), INDI sets these other values when connecting, including wrong time zone.

Magnus
8 years 1 month ago #6854

• Thank you received: 19
It was in Kstars from memory (can't check at the moment, sorry). I know I set it there, but also importantly I told it not to over ride the mount settings.
8 years 1 month ago #6855

Please be specific. What are the Location/Time settings set by KStars, and what are the "correct" settings?

Also, you can always disable automatic time/location updates in KStars INDI options.
8 years 1 month ago #6864

Hi!

Yes, sorry, that was not very specific. However, I don't have the actual lat and long unless I'm sitting by the scope. What I understand now, is that the location data (lat/long) set in Kstars through the "Welcome guide" is the ones used when connecting INDI/Ekos. In those settings, I have chosen my city, Malmö, but the lat/long are slightly wrong, and I seem not to be able to set them manually in Kstars - and maybe that does not matter much as the difference is not big?

I didn't find the option for choosing whether INDI should enable time and location sync on connect, until now - since the settings in Kstars actually didn't say much - the checkboxes are there, but I didn't understand what they were for. Might be good with some more clarifying text there... or maybe it's my swedish version.

See screenshot.

So, I guess this was all a question of me not understanding how the time/location is set.

Still, I have one question: In the Kstars settings, Ekos tab, I can choose for settings to be loaded: never, on connection, or always load defaults. These defaults - where are they found? Can I manually set them to what I want?

Magnus
8 years 1 month ago #6865
Attachments:

Ok I improved the text a bit, but it also could be due to translation (there are tooltips that should appear once you hover over these options). Uncheck time and location and KStars will not sync time/location with INDI. The defaults are in ~/.indi and they are created first time you save config in your device. When you change a setting and save again, the defaults are not updated.
8 years 1 month ago #6869

Time to create page: 0.818 seconds