INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Stellarmate, KStars, Ekos and Indi

• Thank you received: 1
I am using an Eqstars EQMOD mount (astro-gadget.net/gadgets/control-of-telescopes/eqstar) under Stellarmate. In GoTo mode it dramatically overshoots the target but between 20 and 30 degrees!   I have run the EQstar in "Synscan" mode using a mobile phone with the Synscan app and it works ok, getting close to the target each time. However whenever used in stellarmate it overshoots. The longer the slew the more pronounced the "miss". The only way to slew to a target is to slew in small steps from star to star, plate solving each time.  If you try and slew in one long go it misses by so much the plate solving fails.

Is there something I am not doing correctly? Are there parameters to "tune" the slew rate in INDI so that it doesnt overshoot by so much? Is there some sort of "training" that can be done (like a 3 star align on a synscan terminal) that will tune INDI?
2 years 4 months ago #77388

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
For anyone searching for a similar issue.

This turned out to be my own confusion between "HOME" and "PARK" - I thought these were basically the same thing and although HOME was initially set correctly during the playing with GoTo, PARK and SYNC I managed to lose/corrupt the HOME settings. This meant it was using the wrong HOME when calculating the GoTo. I did not see that anything was wrong as it was parking just fine at that expected location.

I unparked the mount and re-performed the physical HOME process on the Mount (orienting the RA/DEC). I cleared all SYNC data and then re-booted the EQStar EQMOD box. This causes the EQStar EQMOD box to reset the HOME position to the current position. I then pressed the "DEFAULT" and "WRITE DATA" buttons in the mount PARK settings. It now works fine. Lesson learnt is that PARK and HOME are not the same thing and once the HOME location is no longer valid then playing with PARK and SYNC makes the problem worse and worse
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
2 years 4 months ago #77428

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.454 seconds