INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Meridian flip

• Thank you received: 370
I think all the comments describe well how the MF mechanics are. Glad to hear knowledge about this tricky thing spreads :-)

Just one thing about the steps after the slew has happened. Capture re-initiates all things that where in place before the slew happened. If EKOS was guiding before, it will restart guiding. If there was an alignment, it will redo it. I.e. you do not need the scheduler for these post-flip steps to happen, it just automates them.

Not using this automation is simply more error prone. E.g. if you just turn off guiding manually before the flip happened, it won’t be restarted automatically.
2 years 4 months ago #77868

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 165

Replied by Jarno Paananen on topic Meridian flip

Do you have hour angle selected for pier side in dome slaving parameters or mount? Later should be used if mount reports pier side correctly, hour angle is workaround for that, but causes issues near meridian when mount is on the "wrong" side.
2 years 4 months ago #77873

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by MORELLI on topic Meridian flip

Hello,

This evening beeing clear, I set up my setup.
I set up 3° after meridian for thr MF on the mount and also into Ekos mount tab.
The flip occurs correctely, but capture and guiding stop and not alignment.
My mount is an iOptron GM28.
I don't success to understand how to configure mount/Ekos in order to have a well running MF.
Thank you for your help.
2 years 4 months ago #77897

• Thank you received: 155

Replied by Peter Kennett on topic Meridian flip

Jarno, I set the dome to MOUNT and it did the flip correctly. But then the dome stops rotating once the dome gets to zero degrees AZ. If I have it set to HOUR ANGLE this doesn't happen, but then the dome messes up the meridian flip. I have found that once the dome stops moving at zero, I can press ABORT and it will then re-sync to the correct azimuth. So I am unable to run my gear unattended.
2 years 4 months ago #77900

• Thank you received: 370
Dear Morelli,
please provide the logs, otherwise it's difficult to answer.
Cheers
Wolfgang
2 years 4 months ago #77903

• Thank you received: 19

Replied by MORELLI on topic Meridian flip

Sorry Wolfgang to answer lately. Unfortunetely I have any logs. I 'll change the setting next time.

I have an iOptron GM28. I can setup the MF with 2 parameters:
- Use or not the MF= Yes/No
- If Yes, how much degre after the meridian.

How do I configure the GM28 and Ekos in order to obtain the best result please ? Thank you very much for your help.
2 years 3 months ago #78163

Time to create page: 2.999 seconds