INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Onstep crash

• Thank you received: 51

Onstep crash was created by Patrick

Hello all,
I am building an onStep system to motorize  my old GP mount.
I have chosen to use a Wemos D1 R32 + CNC3 to make it simple.
The first tests after having uploaded the firmware are done with LX200_onstep INDI driver.
To do it I use the Wemos D1 R32 alone. All connect fine but the INDI driver crashed after the first goto simulation.
Before going further in exploration of the problem I have a question for the one that use onstep: have you find similar problems  ?
Thanks
2 years 4 months ago #77972

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 7

Replied by Ettore on topic Onstep crash

Yes i have same problem and i reported the problem days ago but no one answered me. indilib.org/forum/development/1406-drive...-indi.html?start=840
2 years 4 months ago #77974

Replied by Patrick on topic Onstep crash

In my case I tested it with serial (usb) connection. Is it really the same problem. If it is, there is something buggy in the driver.
2 years 4 months ago #77977

• Thank you received: 39

Replied by james_lan on topic Onstep crash

Serial shouldn't have an issue, If you can reproduce it: Can you turn on debugging logging, and retry, then attach the log here?

Attached screenshot of settings to generate it. The just hit the Open Logs Directory.

NOTE: It can get quite large, so turn it off after, or make sure to clean out ~/.local/share/kstars/logs regularly if you leave it on.
2 years 4 months ago #77978
Attachments:

Here is the log of a short session composed by 2 slews the driver failed on the second one. 

File Attachment:

File Name: log_19-40-11.txt
File Size:206 KB
The following user(s) said Thank You: james_lan
2 years 4 months ago #77988
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 39

Replied by james_lan on topic Onstep crash

Thank you!

Good news is that the particular crash thing is something I've fixed, if you want to compile it from source.

Bad news: However, what lead up to that seems to be a communication failure after an abortSlew call there. After that OnStep seems to stop responding to anything. Some of the calls there should be responded to, even if it's with old/inaccurate information, but the log indicates nothing being received. Almost like it shuts down after being told to abort the slew. Could be an issue with: lx200_OnStep/indi driver, Communication, and/or OnStep. I'm leaning towards this case not being the lx200_OnStep portion.

I don't have the exact board, but might be able to simulate it on one of the esp32 boards I do have. Can you post your config.h? It looks like you were using Version 4.24m, correct?

To compile the version that won't crash (even if it may not result in the problem being resolved), The fix is in here (not yet committed to main, as it's a lot of changes due to network timeouts/more validation checking, which happens to fix that crash.)

github.com/james-lan/indi/tree/network-timeouts

If you want to compile that, to check, before you do, do a git branch and it should show:
user prompt$ git branch
master
* network-timeouts

If not you may need to run:
git fetch network-timeouts
git checkout network-timeouts

Then the standard build stuff (in the README). Otherwise if you are using the ppas, you can wait until that gets pushed to main, and if using regular packages until the next version of INDI comes out.
2 years 4 months ago #78012

I won't be able to do anything until next week. But I will check it maybe in Tuesday next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: james_lan
2 years 4 months ago #78040

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds