INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

SkyWatcher Alt/Az - dobsonian only?

• Thank you received: 1
Hi
I've been using INDI for a few years EQMOD on my HEQ5PRO, however, I've been looking at a travel set up using my AZ Synscan mount and Skymax102 OTA but keeping the flexibility of INDI for remote control from my Camper Van and remote viewing with my Lodestar camera :)

I've tried to use the SkyWatcher Alt/Az INDI driver on my RPi using PC Direct mode with the handset (until I get my direct cable for the Synscan AZ) - I can connect to and control the scope but pointing seems way off. From Parked (Alt=0, Az=0 - North) if  I GOTO Polaris using KStars/EKOS, the mount points to about Alt=33deg where it should be about 53deg for my location.

Can the Skywatcher Alt/Az be used with the AZ Synscan mounts (as shown in the attached picture) and if so do I need to make any changes to the settings to get the positioning right?

The control seems to be there - movement in all directions is as expected, just not the correct amount!

Thanks

Paul
2 years 3 months ago #78209
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1
OK - I have EQDirect Cable and the results are the same.

Does anyone know if the Skywatcher Alt/Az driver supports the older, servo-based AZ mounts?

Thanks

Paul
2 years 3 months ago #78443

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.837 seconds