INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

ZEQ 25GT Pier Side

• Thank you received: 19

ZEQ 25GT Pier Side was created by Jon

My ZEQ25GT does not report pier side in EKOS. It does appear to be supported in the iOptron RS232 Command set using:

Command:":pS#"

Would it be possible to incorporate this into the driver?

Thanks!

--Jon
2 years 3 months ago #78255

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 21

Replied by Grimaldi on topic ZEQ 25GT Pier Side

Which firmware version does your mount use? Is it already the latest version?

Then please check, if the lastest version of indi supports this, at best using a nighly build (see here: indilib.org/download.html).

Then please switch on debug logs in that nightly build and see what your mount returns on “:GEP”. Please post that log.

This seems to be the place in the code concerned with pier side:
github.com/indilib/indi/blob/master/driv.../ioptronv3driver.cpp

In the iOptron documentation referenced here: github.com/indilib/indi/issues/1354
I can’t find the :pS# command.
2 years 3 months ago #78262

Replied by Jon on topic ZEQ 25GT Pier Side

Thanks for the reply. I am sure the firmware is the latest as this mount is rather aged now. I don't have it in front of me at the moment but I will definitely check. As far as the command set, I think the version I referenced was from 2013 and was version 1.4. I will also update my INID drivers but I did do that a week or so ago.
Also, I have been away from INDI for awhile and forget where to enter the command value as you requested. I know how to activate the debug log but I can't recall how to issue the command.

Thanks....

--Jon
2 years 3 months ago #78264

• Thank you received: 21

Replied by Grimaldi on topic ZEQ 25GT Pier Side

Given your mount is „older“ there‘s little chance, that it supports the current command, which seems to be :GEP. I‘d expect this string and the mount’s response to show in the logs, when you enable them. Can you check, if :GEP is in the command set documentation you have? And if it supports pierside?

If you want to issue RS232 commands to the mount, you can use minicom, see this intro: wiki.emacinc.com/wiki/Getting_Started_With_Minicom

Do you know if pierside was ever supported by indi for this mount? And if yes, which version?
2 years 3 months ago #78320

Thanks for taking the time to reply and for the information.

Regarding the command set, this is what is referenced pertaining to pier side:

Command:“:pS#“:
Response:"0“ East, “1” West.
This command returns the side of the pier on which the telescope is currently positioned. It is useful
for remote observatories whe re it is not possible for the viewer to see the mount. Initially, the
mount must be manually positioned on the proper pier side for the calibration object and cali brated
using the :CM# command.

Command: “:CM#“:
Response: “1"
Calibrate mount (Sync).
If in equatorial mounts or in RA DEC mode with Alt Azi mounts, Current
Right Ascension and Declination become the commanded Right Ascension and Declination
respectively. If in Alt Azi mode (only works with Alt Azi mounts), then the commanded Altitude
and Azimuth become the current. This command assumes that the mount has been manually
positioned on the proper pier side for the calibration object. This command is ignored if slewing is
in progress. This command should be used for initi al calibration. It should not be used after the
mount has been tracking unless it is known that it has not tracked across the meridian.

I do not see any mention of the ":GEP" command.

Thanks again!

--Jon
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Jon.
2 years 3 months ago #78342

Finally got around to installing minicom and getting it setup. The mount does respond with the following when issuing :pS#

0 = (Scope) East
1 = (Scope) West

It also reports 0 when the mount is sent to the home position with the counter weight straight down.
I do not get any response with the :GEP# command.

Thanks again for your direction in helping to test this all out. It would be great to get this working in the driver for the ZEQ25.

--Jon
2 years 3 months ago #78407

Time to create page: 0.751 seconds