INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

AX-GTi error messages on start of Ekos

• Thank you received: 0
Thanks Jasem
I don’t know what time zone you are in, seems you never stop.
You have done as much as you can hope for, I think it’s going to be clear tonight so I will give a full test.
Paul
1 year 8 months ago #84299

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 50
I have been using an AZGTi in EQ mode successfully with EKOS for a couple of years, most recently with AZ/EQ firmware 3.39 used only in EQ mode. I just recently bought a new AZGTi with SkyMax 127 combination for AZ visual ‘grab and go’. The AZGTi came loaded with firmware v3.36 (for left hand side AZ use) and I stumbled across this issue that the auxiliary encoders remain engaged even if apparently switched off in SynScan Pro. I updated to the latest v3.39 (still left hand) which changed nothing. The impact of the auxiliary encoders seems to be due to their rather rough granularity, and inaccurate setting up, so that for instance the AZ home position of ‘level, pointing north’ is precisely some arc minutes away in both directions.
I plan to change firmware to the right hand side AZ/EQ v3.39 next, and will report here any differences in the auxiliary encoders operation.
1 year 8 months ago #84300

Hi
I have updated INDI (and third party) with Jasem's code.
Started indi to my mount in AltAz mode and received the warning message that Aux. Encoders have been found and have been turned off.
This is good news, so again during daylight (here in London), I carried out a test star alignment on Polaris
1) Goto Polaris
2) Release clutch and pretend to adjust the alignment
3) Sync
4) Goto Vega
5) Goto Polaris
Good news it went back to position 3 and not position 1 which was the previous case.
But before we pop the champagne I will try a real setup tonight (providing that the clouds stay away)
Paul
1 year 8 months ago #84305

• Thank you received: 50
So I changed to right hand AZ/EQ firmware v3.39 but the AZ mode still retains auxiliary encoders even though apparently turned off in SynScan Pro. I was hoping to use the AZ mode for ’grab and go’ convenience, but with my Astroberry installation I guess I’ll have to change over to EQ mount wedge and EQ mode.
1 year 8 months ago #84330

Please don’t give up.
Jasem that code worked.
I aligned on Vega released the clutches and put Vega on the centre and created a sync.
Then did a goto Deneb again centred on star and created a sync.
Then did a goto Vega right bang on the nose.
I’m taking 30 sec subs with round stars and have been spot on Vega for the last 10 mins.
I use Astroberry but to get these latest mods you will need to perform an INDI and Thirdparty updates (see earlier).
Thanks Jasem
1 year 8 months ago #84336

Paul - Are you using the EQ or Alt-AZ mode for your subs?

Jasem is a star. He got my Stellarmate working again with at least the Alt-AZ driver from the 3rd-party family. I need to test the EQ driver as I currently have the wedge attached but at least I have a chance of testing again if it doesn't work and I remove the wedge.
1 year 8 months ago #84337

Hi Mark
This is AltAz mode as I’m going to dark sky site and wanted a quick setup to get a mosaic of the Milky Way.
I just did an hour tracking Vega and it stayed right in the middle.
Now Jasem has turned off the aux encoders this works a treat.
Means I can align accurately and use the EKOS mosaic function to capture the image.
I’m happy
Just looked at JWST first image WOW
Paul
1 year 8 months ago #84338

OK, thanks for the clarification on which mode and great that you're getting good results.

The JWST image is quite amazing. I'll need some time before I think I understand it but it's an amazing piece of work.
1 year 8 months ago #84339

Time to create page: 0.755 seconds