INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Planwave L-series Mount Driver

• Thank you received: 7
Do you think it is possible to build a driver for the Planewave mount. It has a simple HTTP interface for sending commands as described in the attached. There is also a way to run the PWI4 code in a Linux environment if desired.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

1 year 8 months ago #83924
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's not exactly hard but takes time. Why haven't they invested in developing an INDI driver for it? Perhaps users of the mount should ask them this.
1 year 8 months ago #83930

Jasem

I have asked them about this. They indicate that their main business focus has them applying their limited resources to the big University clients. This leaves me using N.I.N.A when I think Kstars has a better scheduler and integration with the planetarium.

Kurt
1 year 8 months ago #83940

Jaesem

I there a telescop driver that uses REST that I could try and modify to make an L-350 driver?

Thanks
Kurt
Last edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by Kurt Lanes.
10 months 3 weeks ago #92509

I'll try to write a skeleton driver for this and then hopefully you can manage the rest.
10 months 3 weeks ago #92652

That would be great. I have written lots of code for Arduino and have been commanding some of the functions just fine using Http GET's but I do not know how GET functions work in general Linux systems. The PWI4 program returns a string that contains all the parameters needed. It would be nicer if it was JSON but I wrote a Class to parse it. You still need a Windows host to run the program PWI4 that drives the Mount over USB but I think you can run it in a Wine Bottle if your want a pure Linux solution.

Kurt
10 months 3 weeks ago #92677

Ok I started looking at the document and have a few questions:
1. How is guiding done?
2. How to set different tracking rate? or is only sidereal supported?
10 months 1 week ago #92915

Jaesem

Right now the mount only does sidereal tracking. I think you can track at different rates by changing the rate. I'll check with their support. Phd2 does do tracking but I have done 600 second unguided exposures at 2500mm with the mount. It is not clear to me how Phd2 connects to the mount. I understand that the PWI4 software that drives the mound can be run in a bottle if you want a Linux only solution. Planewave has some information on this that I can find.

Kurt
10 months 1 week ago #92950

I've started the driver development, but I haven't heard back from Planewave regarding the clarifications I requested over email. Have you had any luck?
9 months 1 week ago #93568

• Thank you received: 12
I really appreciate you guys working on this. I was about to buy an L350 when it I realized there wasn't one. Id love to get this mount, but Im not giving up indi. Can't go back to the ascom/windows
9 months 1 week ago #93578

Let me check with Dean.
9 months 1 week ago #93580

Time to create page: 0.782 seconds