INDI Library v2.0.6 is Released (02 Feb 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

CEM120 Guide Pulses not working

• Thank you received: 120
I think the issue is from github.com/indilib/indi/commit/f3b9ca550...1a86052fd5d6f49e6a12. The mount does not move at all when guide pulses are issued. Anyone else having this problem?
1 year 7 months ago #85332

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ok, it looks like i was on an old firmware for the CEM120. Once updated to the latest firmware from iOptron, it seems to work fine.
1 year 7 months ago #85333

• Thank you received: 4
I recently downloaded Stellarmate 1.7.2 and have a similar problem using a CEM26. Apart from the initial spot on calibration window nothing seems to happen. I have attached a log file in the hope that someone could tell me what I am doing wrong. That way I will avoid what appears the arduous task of upgrading the Ioptron firmware as I will have to borrow my wife's Windows computer and try to remember how to operate it. Stellarmate 1.7.0 worked fine for calibration.
Thanks
Mike

File Attachment:

File Name: log_02-31-36.txt
File Size:48 KB
1 year 7 months ago #85355
Attachments:

Hey Michael, unfortunately as the code stands now it is not compatible with older firmware. The commit I linked above changed the command that is sent to the mount for guide pulses, so if your mount isn't moving during calibration or guiding, you'll either need to wait for a driver update to make this compatible with older firmware or update your firmware on the mount.

It appears the reason for the change is that iOptron is deprecating the older commands to do pulse guiding, so the driver was updated to use the new ones. Unfortunately, if you are on an older firmware, your mount won't recognize the new commands.

Can you provide the firmware you are on now? We might be able to make it backwards compatible by checking the firmware version.
1 year 7 months ago #85371

• Thank you received: 4
Many thanks for the detailed reply Rick. I will make the effort to upgrade the firmware. No need for special case backward compatibility.
Mike
1 year 7 months ago #85376

• Thank you received: 76
Thanks! I just came across this problem after a recent indi update.
1 year 6 months ago #86326

Time to create page: 0.551 seconds