INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

Celestron AUX and Encoder positions

• Thank you received: 52
In the Celestron AUX driver, in EQU mode, question about values shown on the MountInfo tab

If I do a 'Set' of ENC Axis1 = 0 and Axis 2 = 0, any idea why it always comes back with a value of around 0.73 degrees/approx 34000 counts?

The amount shown is dependent on approach direction to 0, 0. If I need to move west to get to 0, the value shows 0.5 degrees.
If I need to move North, the value shows is 0.13 degrees so mention of 0.73 in the below is move required dependent.

I see the same when ParkData has position = 0.0 and 0.0 and do a 'park', encoder readout shows same as if I did the 'Set'.

When I power up the mount and then Connect with driver, the MountInfo tab shows 0/0 for Axis1 and Axis 2.

The issue seems to be 'Park' creep.
Start up at true ENC 0,0, a true Park position
Connect/Observe/Finish/Park
The scope is now not at original Park position but rather 0.73deg away.
I can see this 0.73deg because I put tape index marks on the AZ and ALT axis and the index marks do not line up with the marks after the Park.

So for each subsequent session, the scope creeps by 0.73 degrees AZ/ALT from previous park/powerdown.

I tried changing HC backlash in AZ/ALT for 0,0 to 50/50 and this had no effect on the amount creep'ed per park/shutdown/powerup.

Any ideas?

Note: I had not changed the HC direction approach to see what effect that may have,

Gene
1 year 5 months ago #88268

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.561 seconds