INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

eqmod driver serial port setting other then usb0:

• Thank you received: 92
Is it possible to change the serial port number for the eqmod driver 1.0 ? I have a bluetooth serial link which is probably not at the standard address.

Han
later:
Well getting closer, the VMWARE makes it 11500 baud , at ttyS0 rather then 9600 baud. Need to configure something. It is also looking for a USB port (/dev/ttyUSB0:) rather then the old fashioned serial port.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by han.
7 years 9 months ago #8982

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 88
There is a "port" property in the "Options" tab together with a "baud rate" property. You may set them before connecting.

Jean-Luc.
7 years 9 months ago #8996

Thanks, I found that. I used indi client of the indistarter program to make the settings.
I have made now successful connection using a hardwired USB to TTL-serial cable. That connection was found immediately at the standard /dev/ttyUSB0. My Linux is running in VMware under Windows 7. In Windows the port is called COM5.

I think I was very close in making the serial bluetooth connection. In VMware, under virtual settings, USB device you can set blue tooth device at on. By installing the Bluez tools, and BlueWho it was visible as hci0 and the device name was something like /org/bluez/3772/hci0/dev_98_D3_31_30_1A_BA.

I couldn't make it working but the answer is most likely in the following pages:
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluez4#Pairing_with_bluez4
pi19404.github.io/pyVision/2015/04/03/22/

You have to pair the bluetooth serial devices and I assume my windows server was most likely disturbing and I didn't want to uninstall the existing configuration.

For the moment I will stick with the hardwired cable for testing.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by han.
7 years 9 months ago #9000

• Thank you received: 0
Hi...as per my experience you can change the port number. But what error you are saying is not the issue of port number.
As suggested already try to change the Baud rate.
This will work for sure.Because most of the times the Baud rate is the only problem.

circuit boards assembly
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Roger Britt.
7 years 8 months ago #9508

For the record, did a second try today and fixed the serial bluetooth link in VMplayer.

My setup is as follows: Linux (Trisquel) virtual machine in VMplayer 12.1 under Windows 7. USB serial to Bluetooth connection with the HEQ5 telescope.

To make the serial Bluetooth link working you have to do the following:

1) Add to the virtual machine settings "serial port", "auto detect" This is default not available
2) Select in the INDI client /dev/ttyS0, 9600 baud.

Note that the serial Bluetooth port in MSWindows is reported as COM8.

See screen shot of the VMPlayer and HNSKY INDI client.

Han
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by han.
6 years 11 months ago #16401
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.859 seconds