INDI Library v2.0.7 is Released (01 Apr 2024)

Bi-monthly release with minor bug fixes and improvements

indi_lx200basic NSEW controls disabled?

• Thank you received: 22
I'm having a bit of trouble getting indi_lx200basic controls to work with my DIY mount. My diy mount program uses the url=http://www.meade.com/support/LX200CommandSet.pdf]LX200 Command set[/url and reacts when I send it serial commands over the arduino monitor. When I connect to indi_lx200basic the mount will react to sync and goto, but when I push the NSEW buttons I get the message "Telescope does not support North/South motion." The driver doesn't appear to be sending usb commands when it reports this. Can anybody tell me where the system determines motion control availability?
Since I'm working with my own telescope "firmware" I'm assuming the problem is somewhere in my code/responses, and I'm hoping to get a better understanding of what my serial setup needs to do to wake up these functions. I.e. sending a different ID response etc.

First guy to say buy a different mount gets the pointy stick. :pinch:
7 years 2 months ago #14214

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Yeah LX200Basic doesn't support NSEW controls. If you're making your own DIY mount, why not use LX200Generic? Or even customize one to your liking
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray Wells
7 years 2 months ago #14217

• Thank you received: 22
Thanks for the tips! After trying lx200generic and finding that it also would not connect, I poked around in the code and figured out why lx200basic would connect but the others would not. lx200basic does not send the ack request for mount setup. Once I realized this I went back through the telescope code and found that the serial parsing had an issue where not only would the unframed command never be parsed, if it were it may have been ignored. I changed it to parse with the crlf char section and that did it! I got my first views of the mount in motion over the pi camera mounted as a guide scope. lx200generic has some pretty nifty looking command setups too.
Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jasem Mutlaq
7 years 2 months ago #14311

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds